The Student Room Group

What to add in my PS

- -
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by strontium-
So I've completed my PS, I'm applying for a joint honours - Business Psychology.
I mentioned my work experience in a hospital and what I gained e.t.c. Is there any point for me to add experience from volunteering to work with underprivileged children? Is it relevant or should I not add it?

It depends. Is it relevant to your course? It can be relevant to show your interest in working with children (and perhaps mentioning the career or profession you'd like to be in) or as a way to show what skills you have gained from volunteering. If you've already mentioned work experience this can be extra information. But remember, you only have about 400-500 words so keep it simple. :smile:
Original post by strontium-
Along the line I do think I want to work with kids. I'll give it some more thought, thank you !!

No worries! Good luck!
Your PS should mostly (70%) focused on your academic interest in the subject. You can mention work experience and volunteering but unless it's directly relevant to your subject you should only write a sentence on it at most

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending