The Student Room Group

Maths resit help please

Hi there

I am currently on a gap year and have already achieved a grade B in maths a level. I want to resit 2 or 3 exams. So i was wondering would i need to resit all 6 units or just the 1 or 2 exams i scored low in? I really dont want to redo all 6 units as its too much. Please can u answer as i am really worried?
Reply 1
You can res-it as many or as few units as you want. Your best attempt at each unit is the one that will be used to calculate your final grade so if you did do worse in a unit next Summer then they will use your result from 2017.
Reply 2
Original post by Compost
You can res-it as many or as few units as you want. Your best attempt at each unit is the one that will be used to calculate your final grade so if you did do worse in a unit next Summer then they will use your result from 2017.

Thank you so much for the reply. I was also wondering would i be required to resit my s1 exam from 2016 because it would have been 2 years since i did it. I dont want to resit it because i got an A however would it still stand and be counted as it would have been 2 years since that exam.
Reply 3
Original post by ayed10
oh piss off mate. dumb shets like you mess up the grade boundaries for people who taking the exams for the first time, and actually will do well (or are supposed to)
until you imbeciles come along with your 18472 retakes cause you can't do anything right first time.

realistically there should be a separate exam season for those resitting like yourself obviously you should't be among the others who are taking the modules for the first time as you're clearly not able enough and have an obvious unfair advantage as you're getting like 2, 3, 10 attempts, swerving the grades so others get lower. get out bruh

Also a grade B is kind of awful, no wonder you're thinking about resitting. probably your best idea out of your 2/3 years of sitting exams that you can't do right.

Mate this is the first time resitting. Dont chat s*** until u know whats going on. Pipe down lil man. Resitting once is normal. Most peope redo AS exams. So not a big deal. Btw get off tsr.
Reply 4
Original post by omw
Thank you so much for the reply. I was also wondering would i be required to resit my s1 exam from 2016 because it would have been 2 years since i did it. I dont want to resit it because i got an A however would it still stand and be counted as it would have been 2 years since that exam.

It doesn't matter when you took it, as long as the specification is still available the result counts so there is no need to re-sit S1 from 2016.

Quick Reply

Latest