The Student Room Group

Making sure the person I like never finds out I like them.

it was honestly a surprise really unexpected, out of no where. I've met the right person at the wrong time.

I was friends with him but then recently I felt like i had feelings for him.
The thing is I'm muslim, so it's practically haram for me to admit to him because yes if I do admit to him then what? Nothing will/could happen, we will be stuck.
It's not lust or a physical attraction or anything like that or just a small crush, I think I actually genuinely like them.

BUT i don't want to it to be like that. I hope they never find out, soon time will pass and I'll get over it but meanwhile I need any tips to make sure they don't get any hints or any clues that I may like like them.

If they do find out then every single scenario will lead to a broken heart so it's best if he never does.

Help!
you should tell him. is he non muslim?
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
you should tell him. is he non muslim?

They are muslim too
I don't want to lose them as a frend or as a person I speak to.
They are muslim too
I don't want to lose them as a frend or as a person I speak to.

just have a few convos with them about life in general and your dreams then i guess the other person would open up a bit and might even feel the same way
Here's an idea: Why not go for it?

If you don't you'll spend the next few years of your life regretting your decision.
If you do, you might spend the next few years of your life regretting your decision.

You only get one life on earth, try to make the most of it.
Just tell him. He's a Muslim aswell so he will undertand your thoughts. And you don't need to engage in physical acts to Bf/gf. Heck you don't even need to announce you're both bf/gf. You don't want to regret not making it click with him for the rest of your life
Reply 6
Original post by MrDoggyPants
Here's an idea: Why not go for it?

If you don't you'll spend the next few years of your life regretting your decision.
If you do, you might spend the next few years of your life regretting your decision.

You only get one life on earth, try to make the most of it.

I understand what you mean, thank you.
I'm terrified of what he might say, I really don't think he likes me that way, and if he finds out that I do then most chances are that he won't talk to me and keep more of a distance from me. And then theres the scenario of what happens if he does like me.

There is legitmately nothing that could happen.
I understand what you mean, thank you.
I'm terrified of what he might say, I really don't think he likes me that way, and if he finds out that I do then most chances are that he won't talk to me and keep more of a distance from me. And then theres the scenario of what happens if he does like me.

There is legitmately nothing that could happen.

You're overthinking it.
You're imagining loads of different ways it could go bad for you, the fear of not knowing what could happen is stopping you from doing what you want to do.
I don't understand what you mean by there being nothing that could happen. Are you saying you wouldn't be able to go on dates or hang out? Are you scared of what your parents might say/do?
Ultimately it's up to you to take charge of your life.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending