The Student Room Group

Dads a cheater?

I just recently found out through looking into my mothers history, my dad is on a dating website. I know from a friend of friend that my dad said to someone he's looking for a second wife but I thought my dad was messing around. I live abroad and when I came back recently my mother looked stressed. I've seen her history on her phone which I shouldn't have, and she's looking at my dads dating thing and see if polygamy is allowed in the culture of islam??

Btw I just found out about this an hour ago.

Would u consider my dad cheating on my mum? and yes they are married.
Original post by Anonymous
I just recently found out through looking into my mothers history, my dad is on a dating website. I know from a friend of friend that my dad said to someone he's looking for a second wife but I thought my dad was messing around. I live abroad and when I came back recently my mother looked stressed. I've seen her history on her phone which I shouldn't have, and she's looking at my dads dating thing and see if polygamy is allowed in the culture of islam??

Btw I just found out about this an hour ago.

Would u consider my dad cheating on my mum? and yes they are married.

Possibly - but your mum for sure knows this and is evidently worried. I would try talking to her about it
Reply 2
I talked to her about it and apparently the marriage is not working because she is distancing herself after what he puts us through, it is effecting all the family including me. I know my dad did some ridiculously bad stuff and I learnt to forgive but he keeps going back the bad life meaning being abusive. He's a narcissist like donald trump and it pisses me off. But that dosent mean I want their marriage to end it will be heartbreaking for me and the rest of the family.
Original post by Anonymous
I talked to her about it and apparently the marriage is not working because she is distancing herself after what he puts us through, it is effecting all the family including me. I know my dad did some ridiculously bad stuff and I learnt to forgive but he keeps going back the bad life meaning being abusive. He's a narcissist like donald trump and it pisses me off. But that dosent mean I want their marriage to end it will be heartbreaking for me and the rest of the family.

This is a really difficult situation but i would advise talking to your GP who can help you and put you through a like family support centre and they will help you and tell you how to deal with certain situations and stuff like this
It may be heartbreaking, but would it be any worse than what he's putting you all through at the minute? Your mum is in a terrible position and he doesn't seem like a good person.
You tried talkign to your dad to make him change his attitude? If he's not a complete d*ckhead you can probably make him feel bad what he's doing since you're his innocent child lol.

Original post by ebickers
This is a really difficult situation but i would advise talking to your GP who can help you and put you through a like family support centre and they will help you and tell you how to deal with certain situations and stuff like this

lol thats so condescending to the parents do you really think they're gonna go to that? :laugh: Some complete stranger giving them advice on their marriage. When she already said her dad is a narcissist
(edited 6 years ago)
My parents divorced when I was 4. I have no memories of being a happy family with them and my brother, but I have only good memories of them being divorced. I don't know why they got divorced and I don't want to know. But they're civil to each other and seem to get on. They aren't friends, but they are friendly. I always say it is better to have happily divorced parents than unhappily married ones. Sorry to tell you my own story, but I think it'll be good for you to hear. A divorce isn't the end of the world.
yes if hes online with the intention of finding someone then that is cheating. he may not have done anything yet but a married man shouldn't be online looking for someone else. doubt any husband would appreciate it if their wives were on a dating site
Original post by ChickenMadness
You tried talkign to your dad to make him change his attitude? If he's not a complete d*ckhead you can probably make him feel bad what he's doing since you're his innocent child lol.

lol thats so condescending to the parents do you really think they're gonna go to that? :laugh: Some complete stranger giving them advice on their marriage. When she already said her dad is a narcissist

More support for her to help her deal with the situation rather than her parents marital issues as that will definitely sort itself out - but if she understands certain things then she can drop little hints or tips which might help change things.
Also, her mental health in this situation is not going to get better and support will be needed! - another thing - "complete strangers" are TRAINED. They know what to do and narcissism barely contributes to this discussion. It simply means her Dad doesn't care about anyone else - so why bother - she and her Mum can find support or ask for help and the Dad won't know whats hit him

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending