The Student Room Group

Is democracy the rule of the ignorant?

Hi, I am researching the question above for my EPQ and I would really appreciate other people's opinions on this subject (for both sides of the argument) as well as advice on how to approach it in an EPQ/ dissertation. Thanks !
Original post by examstressisreal
Hi, I am researching the question above for my EPQ and I would really appreciate other people's opinions on this subject (for both sides of the argument) as well as advice on how to approach it in an EPQ/ dissertation. Thanks !

Its unclear what you mean and that the title has been made by you. the examiner isnt going to know either. You would have been better off doing some research and formulating a good idea of where you wanted to research and then come up with the title after. You would do well to carefully explain the scope of your epq and subject so the reader knows what it is you are asking and seeking to explain.

It could be good or it could be a mess.
Original post by 999tigger
Its unclear what you mean and that the title has been made by you. the examiner isnt going to know either. You would have been better off doing some research and formulating a good idea of where you wanted to research and then come up with the title after. You would do well to carefully explain the scope of your epq and subject so the reader knows what it is you are asking and seeking to explain.

It could be good or it could be a mess.

Thanks for your advice. I have planned it and I have put a lot of thought into it both with both my teacher and independently. I was just hoping that someone might have a different viewpoint to me and I was interested to see what others thought.
Original post by examstressisreal
Thanks for your advice. I have planned it and I have put a lot of thought into it both with both my teacher and independently. I was just hoping that someone might have a different viewpoint to me and I was interested to see what others thought.

Is the title a famous quote or something created by you. If its the latter then its not altogether clear what you mean and therefore any opinion may not coincide with whatever you planned to discuss in your essay.

Have you any other systems where it isnt the rule of the ignorant?

Quick Reply