The Student Room Group

For anyone who worked in retail - can you help me answer this question please!!!!???

You are re-stocking the Crackers and customers keep asking you questions. You are concerned that the Crackers display is low. What do you do?

1) Direct the customer to another colleague who I think is less busy than me
2) Serve the customer as fast as possible so I can re-stock the crackers
3) Take the time to serve the customer but explain to the manager that I will need help re-stocking the crackers

I am inclined to say 2) but I fear that it looks like bad customer service. If I pick 3) Then I think it looks bad that you need to ask the manager something.

HELP? Please.
This has happened to me (although not with crackers, other items) and I've just gone and helped the customer. Most customers don't mind if you have to let someone know that you're pausing your job for a little bit.
Reply 2
Original post by DrawTheLine
This has happened to me (although not with crackers, other items) and I've just gone and helped the customer. Most customers don't mind if you have to let someone know that you're pausing your job for a little bit.

Thank you - is talking to the manager saying that your job isn't finished a problem then?
Which one do you think will deliver the best customer service?
Original post by Tesco123123
You are re-stocking the Crackers and customers keep asking you questions. You are concerned that the Crackers display is low. What do you do?

1) Direct the customer to another colleague who I think is less busy than me
2) Serve the customer as fast as possible so I can re-stock the crackers
3) Take the time to serve the customer but explain to the manager that I will need help re-stocking the crackers

I am inclined to say 2) but I fear that it looks like bad customer service. If I pick 3) Then I think it looks bad that you need to ask the manager something.

HELP? Please.

3, customer 1st
Reply 5
Original post by Tesco123123
Thank you - is talking to the manager saying that your job isn't finished a problem then?

No not with my managers. If they didn't want customers to bother us when we are doing jobs, then they wouldn't tell us to do the jobs while the store is open. My managers have been nice and sometimes finished my job for me while I'm dealing with the customer.
Reply 7
Original post by DrawTheLine
No not with my managers. If they didn't want customers to bother us when we are doing jobs, then they wouldn't tell us to do the jobs while the store is open. My managers have been nice and sometimes finished my job for me while I'm dealing with the customer.

Original post by Ishax
Original post by Reece.W.J
3, customer 1st
Original post by moonkatt
Which one do you think will deliver the best customer service?

Thanks everyone - I'm going to go for customers having the best experience everytime in this questionniare :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending