The Student Room Group

Pressure of school

cfvghbjn
(edited 8 months ago)
I cry and feel alone a great deal of the time too. Maybe we're both weird or maybe it's just a normal part of having to deal with the world. I think it might be a bit of both. Have you got anyone whom you feel close to ?
Original post by Deefydeefdeef
I cry and feel alone a great deal of the time too. Maybe we're both weird or maybe it's just a normal part of having to deal with the world. I think it might be a bit of both. Have you got anyone whom you feel close to ?
I do but I just feel like they won't understand
Original post by HannahA2745
I have a lot of pressure to do well in my GCSEs and sometimes I just can't take it. Sometimes I cry and I just feel alone. I haven't really told my close friends about this or anyone. Am I depressed?

Unless there's a lot more going on than you've mentioned here then no, it's not likely that you're suffering with depression. Depression involves more than simply feeling unhappy and stressed; it's a constellation of symptoms such as low mood, sleep disturbance, changes to appetite, poor concentration, guilt, low energy, loss of interest in things that you would normally enjoy, etc.

Some things in life - exams included - are stressful. Adjusting to that sort of stress for the first time is hard. Please try speaking to friends/family/teachers; what you're describing is extremely common, and the people around you are probably best placed to support you/advise you on ways to manage your stress.
I agree with pitseleh that clinical depression is something that should ideally be professionally diagnosed, but you probably know that already. The truth is, those around you might not understand in the way that you'd like them to. Although, I think it is important to remember that they might be going through similar tribulations in the secret backgrounds of their own lives.

As I say, I often cry and feel alone, as you described. I don't have a mental illness. It's a normal response to the challenges of the world. I don't know you, so I don't know what is best for you, but I would say 'hang in there. It's tough as hell but keep going'. And, also, maybe, try and talk to someone who loves you. Who knows, they might be struggling just as much as you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending