The Student Room Group

Accidentally pissed off my flatmate

Hey guys. My flatmates had some pres last night in the kitchen and some vodka was left in the room after they went out. I got really hungry so i went to the kitchen and made some food but i also just took the tiniest sip of vodka. But then i accidentally got carried away and drank all of the remaining vodka. There was only two shots left but my flatmate complained today someone drank her vodka CUZ APPARENTLY IT WAS HER DRINK. I genuinely feel like **** right now even tho i texted her i drank it but she hasnt replied. I googled and the price for that vodka is about £28 but im literally broke to buy her the whole bottle cuz my finance isnt in yet. So im just sitting here feeling like a douche anf waiting for an advice. *cries*

Scroll to see replies

Tell her to grow up, everyone drinks and shares everyone elses alchol at uni. (from my experience anyway).
Original post by BlackStrike
Hey guys. My flatmates had some pres last night in the kitchen and some vodka was left in the room after they went out. I got really hungry so i went to the kitchen and made some food but i also just took the tiniest sip of vodka. But then i accidentally got carried away and drank all of the remaining vodka. There was only two shots left but my flatmate complained today someone drank her vodka CUZ APPARENTLY IT WAS HER DRINK. I genuinely feel like **** right now even tho i texted her i drank it but she hasnt replied. I googled and the price for that vodka is about £28 but im literally broke to buy her the whole bottle cuz my finance isnt in yet. So im just sitting here feeling like a douche anf waiting for an advice. *cries*

Pretty much, You ****** up, you're gonna have to apologise (lol of course) and just accept your wrongs and pay her back. Maybe treat her to something when your finance comes. Just be open and sorry about it, never take someones food before consent xD. (LOLs to food problems)
Apologise and then tell her when you have the money, you will replace it if she is very angry. Or just buy her any bottle of vodka, doesn't have to be a £28 one.
"accidently" :wink:

inb4 flatmate accidently steals OP's food :laugh:
(edited 6 years ago)
It's a bottle of vodka, Is It seriously that important to you two? Anyway, I guess all you could do Is apologize and buy her one once you have the cash to do so (Probably include some sort of gift on the side other than the vodka as well).
Reply 6
Are people really this petty at university?

Can’t you just pay her back or treat her?
Original post by Ishax
Are people really this petty at university?

Can’t you just pay her back or treat her?

yes
Reply 8
Original post by ChickenMadness
yes

:lol:
Reply 9
Original post by Paranoid_Glitch
It's a bottle of vodka, Is It seriously that important to you two? Anyway, I guess all you could do Is apologize and buy her one once you have the cash to do so (Probably include some sort of gift on the side other than the vodka as well).

I did apologize already over the text cuz she isnt home but will do in person too lol. I genuinely dont care when someone eats my food without asking cuz its just food and world's not gonna end of someone eats it but she is kinda lowkey pissed someone drank her 2 SHOTS of vodka. But i guess its just her. I havent really pissed off anyone before so im sitting here sh****** myself till she gets home lmao
(edited 6 years ago)
I did apologize already over the text cuz she isnt home but will do in person too lol. I genuinely dont care when someone eats my food without asking cuz its just food and world's not gonna end of someone eats it but she is kinda lowkey pissed someone drank her 2 SHOTS of vodka. But i guess its just her. I havent really pissed off anyone before so i sitting here ******** myself till she gets home lmao
Oh, alright then. If she does get pissed, the effect should be temporary If she doesn't hold grudges. Pretty sure you guys will solve it (I hope), no need to stress.
Buy her some cheap vodka and change the labelling

Apologise and get her some chocolate or make her a nice drink or something. It wasn't a lot so it's more the gesture that counts. If you'd drank like half the bottle it'd be fair for you to replace it, but you don't need to do that for a couple of shots. Just do something that involves a little effort that shows you actually care about upsetting her.
Reply 13
Food is different to alcohol. It's why people get more pissy when their drink is nicked. Usually more expensive.
How do you accidentally down a bottle of vodka unless you're an alcoholic?

Just buy her a new bottle of vodka like a normal person, and stop binge drinking like someone with no willpower following the arbitrary and toxic freshers culture.
Vodka is haram, have some beer next time.
Reply 16
Original post by artful_lounger
How do you accidentally down a bottle of vodka unless you're an alcoholic?

Just buy her a new bottle of vodka like a normal person, and stop binge drinking like someone with no willpower following the arbitrary and toxic freshers culture.

Dude i've said the same thing so many times now lol. It wasnt a whole bottle thats the point. I *literally* drank 2 shots and she got lowkey pissed because of these 2 shots. Thats what im saying cuz this is just weird for me.
Buy her two or three very small bottles of Vodka, if things like this are for sale. Then put them in a nice gift bag, along with a "Sorry" card, with something nice written inside it.
Something like this happened in the flat opposite mine, the guy gave two bottles to say sorry. Alcohol left lying around i pretty common, there like 8 bottles of various beers in my kitchen that no one wants to move because we have no idea who they belong too, i'm pretty sure they're not even from our flat.
Be thankful you didn't accidentally piss on your flatmate.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending