The Student Room Group

Working at LUSH

What is LUSH like to work at as a student? I applied for a job as a Christmas temp, but want to go home for a few weeks or so over Christmas. I understand that they’ll be busy over this period and will need as much help as they need, but I would like to go home for a bit over this period
Not a hope. They want you because they are BUSY then.
I tried getting a job at Hotel Chocolat but they turned me down because I wasn't available over Christmas. Not going to happen unless you're there Christmas Eve and maybe Boxing Day too.
Reply 3
Original post by jsswrght
What is LUSH like to work at as a student? I applied for a job as a Christmas temp, but want to go home for a few weeks or so over Christmas. I understand that they’ll be busy over this period and will need as much help as they need, but I would like to go home for a bit over this period

You might get a day or two, but you're unlikely to get a long amount of leave over xmas in a retail job, especially if you are a Christmas temp. That's their busy time and when everybody wants to have leave. A Christmas temp is basically there to replace anybody who did manage to get leave and to bulk up staff because of the extra customers.
I believe some places do things like you either work xmas-eve or day and boxing day or new years. That's the sort of thing I would expect. You'll probably get a pay increase for those days though so that's a plus.

If I were you I'd do a delayed xmas with family whenever you can get the leave. Family time is more important than the date. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending