The Student Room Group

Postgraduate loan

Hi

I applied for and was granted a postgraduate loan in July, while I was in the middle of an MA, so I was eligible for the loan because I had not yet completed it. However, I cannot yet enrol at my course and by the time I am able to enrol and start receiving payments I will have finished my prior MA. Will I have to cancel my loan even though I have already been approved? I'm worried about possibly committing fraud or something like that. I hope I have explained myself properly, English is not my first language.

Thank you!
Hi m____g

Just need to ask you a few questions have you received any payments? and did you gain the MA qualification?

Thanks Miriam
Reply 2
I have not received any payments since I don't have a UK bank account yet; and I have not gained the MA qualification yet, I'm due to submit my dissertation later this month
Original post by m____g
I have not received any payments since I don't have a UK bank account yet; and I have not gained the MA qualification yet, I'm due to submit my dissertation later this month

Hi m____g

In order to help you better, et me ask you a few questions ?

What academic year have you applied for 2016 or 2017 ?

When was the first day of your course?

Thanks Rona
Reply 4
Original post by Rona SFE
Hi m____g

In order to help you better, et me ask you a few questions ?

What academic year have you applied for 2016 or 2017 ?

When was the first day of your course?

Thanks Rona

I have applied for the 2017/2018 year, and the first day was October 2nd.
Original post by m____g
I have applied for the 2017/2018 year, and the first day was October 2nd.

Hi m____g,

Can I ask what is the masters you are currently undertaking and at what university are you currently studying

Thanks Rona
Reply 6
Original post by Rona SFE
Hi m____g,

Can I ask what is the masters you are currently undertaking and at what university are you currently studying

Thanks Rona

I enrolled in an MA (in Spain) for the 2016/2017 and I have not finished yet
I have enrolled and asked for a loan for the 2017/2018 year (lasting two years)
I am studying a Comparative Literature MA at Birkbeck, University of London
Original post by m____g
I enrolled in an MA (in Spain) for the 2016/2017 and I have not finished yet
I have enrolled and asked for a loan for the 2017/2018 year (lasting two years)
I am studying a Comparative Literature MA at Birkbeck, University of London

Hi m____g;74053158,

As you are studying an MA in Spain, if you receive a qualification, we will not fund you for another MA course.

Thanks Katie
Reply 8
Hi I'm starting a part time PhD in 2018 when the new loans for these begin. Would I be able to start in March 2018 or do I have to wait for October?Thanks
Original post by Jaccydee
Hi I'm starting a part time PhD in 2018 when the new loans for these begin. Would I be able to start in March 2018 or do I have to wait for October?Thanks

Hi Jaccydee,

This product is still under development. As soon as policy and eligibility are confirmed we will be able to provide you with further information.

Thanks Katie
Reply 10
Original post by Catherine SFE
Hi m____g;74053158,

As you are studying an MA in Spain, if you receive a qualification, we will not fund you for another MA course.

Thanks Katie

yes I understand, but I have not received a qualification yet and probably will not receive it before I enrol on the new course for which I have requested (and have been granted) funding. What should I do?
Original post by m____g
yes I understand, but I have not received a qualification yet and probably will not receive it before I enrol on the new course for which I have requested (and have been granted) funding. What should I do?

Hi m____g,

You will need to wait to see if you gain a qualification or not.

Thanks Katie
Reply 12
Hi, I have received an answer from my university and they told me I will most likely not be able to receive the loan. I have not received any payments (I have not provided a UK bank account); how can I cancel the loan? Thank you for your help.
Original post by m____g
Hi, I have received an answer from my university and they told me I will most likely not be able to receive the loan. I have not received any payments (I have not provided a UK bank account); how can I cancel the loan? Thank you for your help.

Hi m____g,

You can download the CoC form here: http://bit.ly/2terR37 which will allow you to cancel the application.

Warm regards,

Shaun.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending