The Student Room Group

Year 12 Economics or Law Summer Schools

Hi does anyone know of summer schools I could apply for? I'm at a state school, but it's a Grammar that sends 5 to Oxbridge each year (unlike my old school which had little history of sending people to Oxbridge) and my mum went to Uni so I don't think it's worth applying to Sutton Trust or UNIQ. Last summer I went to the year 11 arts/humanities at Selwyn college Cambridge which I enjoyed, but the subjects weren't particularly for me. I also attended the Eocnomics Debate Chamber summer school which I loved! So does anyone know of any other courses I could do? Thanks!
Original post by ravenclaw_
Hi does anyone know of summer schools I could apply for? I'm at a state school, but it's a Grammar that sends 5 to Oxbridge each year (unlike my old school which had little history of sending people to Oxbridge) and my mum went to Uni so I don't think it's worth applying to Sutton Trust or UNIQ. Last summer I went to the year 11 arts/humanities at Selwyn college Cambridge which I enjoyed, but the subjects weren't particularly for me. I also attended the Eocnomics Debate Chamber summer school which I loved! So does anyone know of any other courses I could do? Thanks!

Just google Law summer schools. as plenty of unis run them, but some also charge for them Nottingham being an example. You might be just as well off getting a job and work experience or doing an EPQ.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Just google Law summer schools. as plenty of unis run them, but some also charge for them Nottingham being an example. You might be just as well off getting a job and work experience or doing an EPQ.

Thanks, yeah I'm applying for work experience during the summer at a law firm and work experience at an estate agent during the week too. Hopefully I'll get accepted!
Reply 3
you should've applied for UNIQ and Sutton Trust, both my parents went Uni and I got in

Quick Reply

Latest