The Student Room Group

Boyfriends....

I'm 20 years old and I'm in my first year of uni, I've never kissed anyone or had a boyfriend is this normal. I feel like I must be ugly in everyone's eyes. I know it's not a number one priority in my life, but it still gets me down at times

Scroll to see replies

Just because u didnt have a Bf it doesnt mean u r ugly
they're no use. don't bother b
Original post by lmaooome
they're no use. don't bother b

Why?
im a man and its the same for me, dont doubt yourself just be you and if you find someone dont hesitate
Original post by RachaelCrawford
Why?

unless you want a long term relationship with someone then don't bother because you'll just feel hurt if the relationship ends.
lower the standards to absolutely ****
Original post by Dr Savage
lower the standards to absolutely ****

Nah that's not me lol
There are plenty of more important and worthwhile things to do in life than getting into a relationship (it is up there in the list but not top 3, for me atleast). They generally don't last long and if you invest too much effort, money, emotions and time into one thinking it's the right one and it doesn't work out....you'd wish you never got into one. Plus, this is how the stereotypical "Men are trash" women are created.
Original post by JDieMstr
There are plenty of more important and worthwhile things to do in life than getting into a relationship (it is up there in the list but not top 3, for me atleast). They generally don't last long and if you invest too much effort, money, emotions and time into one thinking it's the right one and it doesn't work out....you'd wish you never got into one. Plus, this is how the stereotypical "Men are trash" women are created.

As much as I agree with you, I still think it's something everyone has to experience at least once.
As much as I agree with you, I still think it's something everyone has to experience at least once.

Why? Do employers ask for relationship experience these days too?
I'm 20 years old and I'm in my first year of uni, I've never kissed anyone or had a boyfriend is this normal. I feel like I must be ugly in everyone's eyes. I know it's not a number one priority in my life, but it still gets me down at times

don't worry love will come when you're least expecting it! (I know this is cheesy but its true) I've never really bad a girlfriend either and I'm 21! Don't let it bring you down! x
Theres lots of people that haven’t had a boyfriend nor had their first kiss. Its pretty much quite normal nowadays, tbh. well. Teens.

Anyways, you can search on youtube theres quite a few video’s about the same topic :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by Kevin Hodge

If so mayne I'm FAWKED.... got no experience action :rofl:

Yeh....but 20 is still a bit young to be worrying about it. I am 18 never got into a relationship before (but liked a girl for about 5 years and right when I was just about to get over her, I find out she likes me back and was afraid to do ****). If you were 25-30, then it'd be a justified if you struggled to get into a relationship even after putting in the effort.

No, what I'm saying is that outside of work and university I would like to have someone.
Original post by eden3
If so mayne I'm FAWKED.... got no experience action :rofl:

Same mayne 😂

No, what I'm saying is that outside of work and university I would like to have someone.

It may sound nice but it’s not all that. I’m almost 21 and at uni and I’m focused on getting a degree. A relationship will come along at the right time and when you least expect it. For now, just focus on completing your education and making a career outta yourself ya know.
I am also focused on getting just that, but it'd still be nice.
Same mayne 😂

It may sound nice but it’s not all that. I’m almost 21 and at uni and I’m focused on getting a degree. A relationship will come along at the right time and when you least expect it. For now, just focus on completing your education and making a career outta yourself ya know.
I am also focused on getting just that, but it'd still be nice.

It’s all well and good till you end up breaking up and having to go through the emotions whilst studying. Plus you don’t get the freedom that you do whilst single.
That's nothing to worry about. I had my first kiss just before I turned 20 and now he's my boyfriend, and I honestly thought it was never gonna happen, me being in a relationship. It will happen, it takes time and it's when you don't go looking that it usually happens :smile: (and anyway I'm sure uni will have many good looking available guys to date)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending