The Student Room Group

A-Level Further Maths

help, im stuck, im in year12 just started fm,
what is graph theory in decision??
Reply 1
Look in your textbook / wikipedia
Decision maths is the worst thing ever created.
Original post by FailedMyMocks
Decision maths is the worst thing ever created.

why we are going to be doing D1 next year in further maths we are doing S1 now. Why is it so bad?
Original post by Balkaran
why we are going to be doing D1 next year in further maths we are doing S1 now. Why is it so bad?

Some people like it. It's just not for me. It's pretty much like following a cookbook to the t. It's not tough mathematically, but its incredibly tedious and boring. One little mistake and you done ****ed up.
Original post by FailedMyMocks
Some people like it. It's just not for me. It's pretty much like following a cookbook to the t. It's not tough mathematically, but its incredibly tedious and boring. One little mistake and you done ****ed up.

I'm prone to making mistakes and I chose maths to get away from the tedious stuff. Where you just revise I like problem solving. That's gonna be a killer.
Original post by phillipung
help, im stuck, im in year12 just started fm,
what is graph theory in decision??

It's the theory of graphs. Which are structured consisting of nodes and joining edges. In D1 you'll look at algorithms that are used over graphs, such as Kruskal's/Prim's algorithm for MSTs, Route Inspection, etc. You'll learn about it all in lessons. Feel free to post questions here if you get stuck on a question.
Original post by Balkaran
I'm prone to making mistakes and I chose maths to get away from the tedious stuff. Where you just revise I like problem solving. That's gonna be a killer.

You'll be alright if you practice enough. I couldn't bring myself to do it though hence the C..

Quick Reply

Latest