The Student Room Group

Would you leave your family?

Aight so say your family is opposing your life choices and trying to impose their own on yourself with which you're not comfortable at all and just ruin any plans you might have In life(but they as parents think they r doing the right thing for you bc they know more than anyone);and if you went against them they'd cut ties with you.....so WOULD YOU BE ABLE TO LIVE WITHOUT THEM?would you give up on your dreams for your family,or would you be brave enough to pursue then against their wishes?
P.s please sse state your ethnicity and gender I'd like to see how the approach varies from community to community and between genders as well. Thanks
No
[video="youtube;8H3I85iUPbY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8H3I85iUPbY[/video]
Never give up on your hopes and dreams.
Yes. Arrange visits and facetimes. 👍
Definitely. I love my family, but it would have to be done. No way I'd compromise my entire future for other people - regardless of their relationship with me.

Would I be able to love without them? Yes. Would I be able to do the same things? Most likely no.

To be honest not a great deal of parents would be happy with the thought of their children (despite their age) growing distant to them, whatever their personal beliefs. I'm assuming most would have a wake-up-call and try to help in some way, even if they disagree with your actions.

White, 17.
Original post by OnePrettyFlyGuy
Definitely. I love my family, but it would have to be done. No way I'd compromise my entire future for other people - regardless of their relationship with me.

Would I be able to love without them? Yes. Would I be able to do the same things? Most likely no.

To be honest not a great deal of parents would be happy with the thought of their children (despite their age) growing distant to them, whatever their personal beliefs. I'm assuming most would have a wake-up-call and try to help in some way, even if they disagree with your actions.

White, 17.

Yes. And you can be distant right in the same household and feel close from far away. The parent will most likely be sad if the child never flies the nest to live their own life. It doesn't necessarily mean move to a different country and never speak to them again. 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending