The Student Room Group

which uni has best nightlife? (bristol, brighton, sheffield, nottingham, UCL)

i wish i didnt post this
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by chl0l
hi pals
hoping to submit my application this week so dunno if I'll actually get offers from all these bad boys LOL
but applying for biomedical science at:
UWE bristol
Sussex (brighton)
Nottingham Trent
Uni of Sheffield
University College London (Cancer Biomedicine instead)

obviously won't matter if i don't get the offers but which uni/city has the best nightlife??? currently live just outside bristol so know how amazing it is there lol. like dnb, jungle, ravey stuff n a good music scene over like poppy clubs??? pls help a sista out xo

Please don't pick unis based on nightlife! That's a lot of time effort and money to spend on a good time. There are far more important things to consider. The SU and uni pages will tell you more about student life. You can also try Connect to talk to other students.
Reply 2
Original post by alleycat393
Please don't pick unis based on nightlife! That's a lot of time effort and money to spend on a good time. There are far more important things to consider. The SU and uni pages will tell you more about student life. You can also try Connect to talk to other students.

i get u but i'm spending 3 or 4 years there so i'd like to actually be able to enjoy myself, so i'm happy to spend a lot of time, effort and money on being happy n enjoying myself!!!! sheffield, ucl and sussex are all incredibly good for the course. nottingham and uwe are my insurances... nottingham still reasonably good :smile: so i'm not rly fussed on where i go i just wanna enjoy my life lol
Original post by chl0l
i

All I can say to you is good luck. These things matter little in the grand scheme of things. You will make good friends no matter where you go and if you follow your interests you will be fine. The number of nightclubs in your uni city will not make your uni experience, your course and friends will.
Reply 4
Original post by alleycat393
All I can say to you is good luck. These things matter little in the grand scheme of things. You will make good friends no matter where you go and if you follow your interests you will be fine. The number of nightclubs in your uni city will not make your uni experience, your course and friends will.

alright alleycat i already said i get u so leave it out, don't care about nightclubs just wanna know what music scenes are like in diff cities lol. thanks for the good luck tho, have a nice day!
Original post by chl0l
o

I mean it's pretty obvious. UCL! No other city can possibly compare to London, let alone the night life. The ease of transport makes it so easy to get from one place to another. However, London is of course on the pricey side.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by monkeyboy18000
I mean it's pretty obvious. UCL! No other city can possibly compare to London, let alone the night life. The ease of transport makes it so easy to get from one place to another. However, London is of course on the pricey side.

Posted from TSR Mobile

aaaah well let's hope UCL accept me, don't think they will cos sooo prestigious but.... !!!! hold out hope
Yh forget the degree
Just go for the partying
fool
Reply 8
Original post by Dr Savage
Yh forget the degree
Just go for the partying
fool

u say this but i'm applying to 3 which are in the top 10 for biological sciences ....
Original post by chl0l

I dont know whether the university does your course, but have you considered The University of Manchester?

I have heard that Manchester nightlife is very good and one of the best outside London. Also, Manchester Uni is a decent uni and you will get a decent degree whilst enjoying the overall uni experience.

If not, then consider Leeds and Newcastle.
Must admit I find Brighton an amazing bohemian scene. You just never know what you're going to come across around the next corner.
Reply 11
Original post by Wired_1800
I dont know whether the university does your course, but have you considered The University of Manchester?

I have heard that Manchester nightlife is very good and one of the best outside London. Also, Manchester Uni is a decent uni and you will get a decent degree whilst enjoying the overall uni experience.

If not, then consider Leeds and Newcastle.

i'm pretty set on the unis i've chosen just due to the specific course content n stuff, but yeah i've heard manchester and leeds are amazing!!
Reply 12
Original post by Crumpet1
Must admit I find Brighton an amazing bohemian scene. You just never know what you're going to come across around the next corner.

aah yeah that's what appeals to me soooo much. praying praying sussex accept me lol
Nottingham boysss
Reply 14
nearly everydayt here is jungle/dnb raves at brighton and u also get like Jazz disco nights n stuff so its alright i havnnt been anywhere else except ldn and brighton is alot better
Original post by chl0l
!

Alright, then good luck with your choices. Out of them, London will be the best option because it is London. However, the costs may set you back a few bands.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending