The Student Room Group

What MacBook 💻?

1.3GHz dual-core 7th-generation Intel Core i5 processor, Turbo Boost up to 3.2GHz
8GB 1866MHz LPDDR3 memory
256GB SSD storage
Intel HD Graphics 615
Backlit Keyboard - British
£1,339.00
Or,
2.3GHz dual-core 7th-generation Intel Core i5 processor, Turbo Boost up to 3.6GHz
8GB 2133MHz LPDDR3 memory
128GB SSD storage
Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640
Two Thunderbolt 3 ports
£1,249.00
????
Idk but I think the cheapest one seems better just slightly less storage but it’s only for school work. I’m in year 12 and will hope to use it all through uni. I can get the bottom one for pretty much £1k

Scroll to see replies

you can get a windows laptop with better specs for cheaper. unless you hate windows u shud go for windows laptop
Original post by PhilipMcKenna
you can get a windows laptop with better specs for cheaper. unless you hate windows u shud go for windows laptop

No thanks
Reply 3
Original post by Reece.W.J
1.3GHz dual-core 7th-generation Intel Core i5 processor, Turbo Boost up to 3.2GHz
256GB SSD storage
Intel HD Graphics 615
£1,339.00
Or,
2.3GHz dual-core 7th-generation Intel Core i5 processor, Turbo Boost up to 3.6GHz
128GB SSD storage
Two Thunderbolt 3 ports
£1,249.00
????
Idk but I think the cheapest one seems better just slightly less storage but it’s only for school work. I’m in year 12 and will hope to use it all through uni. I can get the bottom one for pretty much £1k

Windows will help you run most software and will be very compatable with other pc in your institution but it depends if you want mac or windows but the second one is cheaper and slightly better but a quad core option wouldve been great
apple fanboy?
Original post by PhilipMcKenna
apple fanboy?

Yh
Yh

alrighty
Use Unidays for discount
Original post by DanCrane10
Use Unidays for discount

I’m in year 12
Ridiculous waste of money. You can buy a windows laptop for £800 with specs 10x better than an Apple Mac.
I’m in year 12

So am I. it should apply just follow the instructions. worked for me
Yeah I got family a family member with John Lewis discount. The problem is it doesn’t have usb slots
Original post by DanCrane10
So am I. it should apply just follow the instructions. worked for me

Ok I’ll give it a go but where or how does it work and how much is it? I will have to purchase from JL for discount
Ok ty
The baseline Retina MacBook Pro is the default answer for "what MacBook should I get?" questions, if you don't have a particular use case then it's the best balance of performance, portability and price of Apple's current offerings. If you need more storage buy an external HDD for your documents and media libraries and save the internal storage for applications and key files.
I’m going to use it for general school work. Tabs open, research, and word
I’m going to use it for general school work. Tabs open, research, and word

Why a macbook for that? You can get decent enough laptops for around a quarter of the price that would do just fine.
Original post by _gcx
Why a macbook for that? You can get decent enough laptops for around a quarter of the price that would do just fine.

I just like them
I just like them

You know you can get white laptops too.
256GB SSD storage
Intel HD Graphics 615
£1,339.00
Or,
128GB SSD storage
Two Thunderbolt 3 ports
£1,249.00
????

You sure the cpu on top one is 1.3GHz?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending