The Student Room Group

Late submission

I am currently studying nursing at Salford uni. I submitted my placement documents on Friday then my son became ill I I'd to take him to hospital. When I returned home at 7.30 I noticed that the submission was unsuccessful, I submitted it again but it was late as the deadline was 4. Will I need to submit a Pmc for this? And if so what evidence would I need?
Original post by Sophiem28
I am currently studying nursing at Salford uni. I submitted my placement documents on Friday then my son became ill I I'd to take him to hospital. When I returned home at 7.30 I noticed that the submission was unsuccessful, I submitted it again but it was late as the deadline was 4. Will I need to submit a Pmc for this? And if so what evidence would I need?

You can seek advice from your department or a student advisor.

1.Yes, because a late submission counts as no submission.
2. You have 4 working days to submit a PMC. Till Thursday.
3. I believe this is the relevant document you should read.
http://www.salford.ac.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0003/607548/PersonalMitigatingCircumstancesProcedure.pdf
4. Note paragraph 3.4 details the procedure.
5. Appendix 1 details the evidence list.

You will need official confirmation from the hospital that you were there at the time either in a letter or some documentary evidence. It should mention you, even if your son was the patient. You should get clarification from the department if you only have evidence that mentions your son. If for instance he is very young then it would make sense you took him. Any medical professional confirming this would be enough.

You need the evidence because without it you are likely to fail.

Once you submit your claim then double check it and get confirmation.
Reply 2
Thank you
Do you know if the Pmc is unsuccessful, there is a resubmission coming up could I just submit it again then? Or does it have to be signed again?

Sophie
Original post by Sophiem28
Thank you
Do you know if the Pmc is unsuccessful, there is a resubmission coming up could I just submit it again then? Or does it have to be signed again?

Sophie

You will have to ask them.

As per 3.12 if your resubmission pmc is refused, hen you have a further 5 days to get the evidence.

If they refuse your Pmc, then you can make an academic appeal.

I would expect failing that, then it counts as a non submission and you will get 0, which if thats all there is to the module will be a fail. Confirm it with them, but that would be typical.

I dont think the resubmission would work otherwise what would be the point of a Pmc? Its not like a bus, where you catch the next one.

Just get the evidence and then you are golden. If the appointment does look like an emergency then you have a problem.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending