The Student Room Group

Why the long delay in payment, i am suffering and under stress due to this.

I sent my documents to SFL in early September 2017, i was asked for and sent addition evidence for my status the previous year.
I only received the acknowledgement of this when i called.

I commute from London to Kent daily and the cost is high, i do not receive any income benefits and have stopped working.

It should not take so long for SFL to respond to applications surely.
Original post by Tanya W
I sent my documents to SFL in early September 2017, i was asked for and sent addition evidence for my status the previous year.
I only received the acknowledgement of this when i called.

I commute from London to Kent daily and the cost is high, i do not receive any income benefits and have stopped working.

It should not take so long for SFL to respond to applications surely.

Hi Tanya W,

What additional evidence have you sent?
What date you send this?

Thanks Katie
Reply 2
I sent the original passport which was valid for that period, and copies of the my status for that period, the original was with drawn by Home Office, when my IDR card was issued to me.

I sent it on the 23/09/2017 and it was received by your office on the 26/09/2017.
Original post by Tanya W
I sent the original passport which was valid for that period, and copies of the my status for that period, the original was with drawn by Home Office, when my IDR card was issued to me.

I sent it on the 23/09/2017 and it was received by your office on the 26/09/2017.

Hi Tanya W,

Evidence with regards to your status will take 10 working days to process, this will be processed by 10/10/2017 and will show on your online account on the 11/10/2017.

Thanks Katie
Reply 4
Original post by Catherine SFE
Hi Tanya W,

Evidence with regards to your status will take 10 working days to process, this will be processed by 10/10/2017 and will show on your online account on the 11/10/2017.

Thanks Katie

I will be back here on the 12/10/2017 to confirm if this has been done. I assume i will have to wait for another 6 - 8 weeks before payment is made if application successful.
Original post by Tanya W
I will be back here on the 12/10/2017 to confirm if this has been done. I assume i will have to wait for another 6 - 8 weeks before payment is made if application successful.

Hi Tanya W,

Assuming your application has been approved and the Department for Work and Pensions confirm that your National Insurance number is valid and the University has confirmed your registration, the payment will be processed into your bank account within 3-5 working days.

Thanks
Reply 6
Original post by Tanya W

Good morning,

There has been no update on my account on the status of my application online or otherwise, there has been no email confirming if my documents have been processed and this is over 10 days of the receipt of the additional documents which i sent was received.

In total it is well over 6 weeks, i sent the first set of documents to Student Finance.

Why is this please?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Tanya W
Good morning,

There has been no update on my account on the status of my application online or otherwise, there has been no email confirming if my documents have been processed and this is over 10 days of the receipt of the additional documents which i sent was received.

In total it is well over 6 weeks, i sent the first set of documents to Student Finance.

Why is this please?

Hi Tanya,

As we don't have access to individual accounts here we are unable to advise you on the exact status of your application. We can only advise using the estimated timescales provided by the processing teams.

To find out exactly where your application stands I would advise giving us a call on 0300 100 0607.

Regards,

Stuart
Reply 8
Original post by Stuart SFE
Hi Tanya,

As we don't have access to individual accounts here we are unable to advise you on the exact status of your application. We can only advise using the estimated timescales provided by the processing teams.

To find out exactly where your application stands I would advise giving us a call on 0300 100 0607.

Regards,

Stuart

After a few calls to SFE, i received a notice that i am entitled to a busary from my University. Nothing was mentioned about my student loan and /or student maintenance applications.

Do i need to wait and hope to hear from SFE in respect of the 2 outstanding matters or do i call them.

(P.S it is very expensive to get through to SFE, due to the charges and call waiting times)

Regards
Original post by Tanya W
After a few calls to SFE, i received a notice that i am entitled to a busary from my University. Nothing was mentioned about my student loan and /or student maintenance applications.

Do i need to wait and hope to hear from SFE in respect of the 2 outstanding matters or do i call them.

(P.S it is very expensive to get through to SFE, due to the charges and call waiting times)

Regards

Hi Tanya,

As Stuart advised we do not have access to individual accounts here and we are unable to advise you on the exact status of your application.

We can only advise using the estimated timescales provided by the processing teams.

The lines are quiet just now please give us a call on 0300 100 0607.

Thanks Rona

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending