The Student Room Group

Can't get a boyfriend?

I'm going to start this off by saying I'm an average looking girl. Not super beautiful or anything but not ugly either. I'm not a bad person. I can be funny witty, playful etc. So considering my personality and looks are okay why can't I get a boyfriend. :s-smilie: I've had guys give me attention (not many but still.) So what is it that I'm doing wrong and not getting a boyfriend :frown: I'm 19 and never really had a serious guy.
I wouldn't worry about it.
You've not really given enough information for anyone to pinpoint what you've done wrong lol
Reply 3
Original post by Tiger Rag
I wouldn't worry about it.

I don't want to be single for life. I want to have kids and lead a normal life like everyone else.
Original post by ChickenMadness
You've not really given enough information for anyone to pinpoint what you've done wrong lol

Well I guess something I can think of is guys get bored of me quickly. Like the few guys I've dated. Got bored very quickly so maybe I come across as boring initially I don't know. And maybe guys just don't want the average chick. I mean I see guys hitting on the hot girls a lot...
Reply 4
Maybe you just need to find new hobbies to meet new people. Meeting new people who share common interests is important, at least that way you're less likely to get bored due to being incompatible.
Original post by Anonymous
I don't want to be single for life. I want to have kids and lead a normal life like everyone else.

Well I guess something I can think of is guys get bored of me quickly. Like the few guys I've dated. Got bored very quickly so maybe I come across as boring initially I don't know. And maybe guys just don't want the average chick. I mean I see guys hitting on the hot girls a lot...

You could always get a gym membership and get into fitness. Then you'd be one of the hot girls as well lol. Everythings easier when you've got a hot body (is for me anyway) :laugh:

And you could try more fun dates, (I went rollerblading around the university campus with a girl at night once. We hid from security guards lol). I've never really properly 'dated' anyone but I've had a few relationships. Usually ended up having sex with them before we went on proper dates as a couple rofl. I personally hate dating because I don't like wasting my time. I might not like the girl and then it's a waste lmao. That's just me though.

you could try being more flirty as well lol. If I fancy a girl and she starts being all sexually flirty that just seals the deal for me :laugh: can't stop thinking about her after that. There should be guys that fancy you otherwise they wouldn't go on dates with you in the first place lol
(edited 6 years ago)

I've got something to say to you.....

Spoiler

(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by ElAshtonio
I've got something to say to you.....

Spoiler

lol thanks
Reply 8
Original post by UWS
Maybe you just need to find new hobbies to meet new people. Meeting new people who share common interests is important, at least that way you're less likely to get bored due to being incompatible.

Yeah I have like 0 hobbies so I really should
You could always get a gym membership and get into fitness. Then you'd be one of the hot girls as well lol. Everythings easier when you've got a hot body (is for me anyway) :laugh:

And you could try more fun dates, (I went rollerblading around the university campus with a girl at night once. We hid from security guards lol). I've never really properly 'dated' anyone but I've had a few relationships. Usually ended up having sex with them before we went on proper dates as a couple rofl. I personally hate dating because I don't like wasting my time. I might not like the girl and then it's a waste lmao. That's just me though.

you could try being more flirty as well lol. If I fancy a girl and she starts being all sexually flirty that just seals the deal for me :laugh: can't stop thinking about her after that. There should be guys that fancy you otherwise they wouldn't go on dates with you in the first place lol

I like the gym idea. I tried the flirty thing before and the guy assumed I behaved like that with every guy. But I'm going to try the gym.
Yeah I have like 0 hobbies so I really should

I like the gym idea. I tried the flirty thing before and the guy assumed I behaved like that with every guy. But I'm going to try the gym.

Going to the gym is fine, but don't do it for dudes. Do it for you.

The way to get guys interested is to be interesting.
I'm going to start this off by saying I'm an average looking girl. Not super beautiful or anything but not ugly either. I'm not a bad person. I can be funny witty, playful etc. So considering my personality and looks are okay why can't I get a boyfriend. :s-smilie: I've had guys give me attention (not many but still.) So what is it that I'm doing wrong and not getting a boyfriend :frown: I'm 19 and never really had a serious guy.

Just be yourself and do things you enjoy and hopefully that will bring up opportunities to meet the right guy :smile: it's better being true to yourself and meeting someone who is compatible rather than trying too hard. I'm sure you are cool! :smile: I wish you luck!
What tiger rag said. Dont worry. be more confident and enjoy living your own life. Confidence is very attractive.

You can always

Be more sociable.
Learn to flirt.
Smile a lot.
Get out more.
Do more activities.
Meet more people and dress well
Dont be passive in getting to know people.
Dont be afraid of asking someone out.
Be prepared for some let downs
Be patient, theres loads of time.

be warned there are lots of duds, boys can lie and be unreliable
Try being more slutty

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending