The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
yep - have found it really good so far.
Reply 2
Original post by dogg0
yep - have found it really good so far.

Have you done practice test 5 yet? I did it and did so bad!!!! I dont know if this test was just really hard or if I am doing really bad....
Reply 3
Original post by new1234
Have you done practice test 5 yet? I did it and did so bad!!!! I dont know if this test was just really hard or if I am doing really bad....

not yet as my test is in December. But so far I have got 23 and 17 so I wouldn't be disheartened. It is harder than the real deal. I got 28 on the practise test (1) for context. How are you finding them?
Reply 4
Original post by dogg0
not yet as my test is in December. But so far I have got 23 and 17 so I wouldn't be disheartened. It is harder than the real deal. I got 28 on the practise test (1) for context. How are you finding them?

Quite bad! Highest I've got is 23 and lowest is 15.
Reply 5
Original post by new1234
Quite bad! Highest I've got is 23 and lowest is 15.

Have you had any essay feedback yet? My friend just got hers and said it was really comprehensive and useful. If you're having major concerns I'd recommend emailing them! They are super responsive and give good advice. Otherwise, I'd just say that we'll hopefully get better by the big day haha
Reply 6
Original post by dogg0
Have you had any essay feedback yet? My friend just got hers and said it was really comprehensive and useful. If you're having major concerns I'd recommend emailing them! They are super responsive and give good advice. Otherwise, I'd just say that we'll hopefully get better by the big day haha

No i haven't submitted an essay yet but I received essay feedback from others so i'm in no rush for this. Yeah I have spoke to some advisers and they have given me really good advice but I feel like its very difficult to improve. How's your friend doing in the practice tests?

Yeah hopefully, whens your test?
Reply 7
Original post by new1234
No i haven't submitted an essay yet but I received essay feedback from others so i'm in no rush for this. Yeah I have spoke to some advisers and they have given me really good advice but I feel like its very difficult to improve. How's your friend doing in the practice tests?

Yeah hopefully, whens your test?

She is doing similarly to me - around the 20 mark, and she is a really excellent candidate - she got 30+ on the practises! So I don't feel too concerned about my own performance. I think you probably will improve just by virtue of having practised so many more tricky questions, so long as you go through the feedback and note your mistakes even though it's tempting to just see the score then finish. Her exam is soon, mine is December 13th.
When is yours?
Reply 8
Original post by dogg0
She is doing similarly to me - around the 20 mark, and she is a really excellent candidate - she got 30+ on the practises! So I don't feel too concerned about my own performance. I think you probably will improve just by virtue of having practised so many more tricky questions, so long as you go through the feedback and note your mistakes even though it's tempting to just see the score then finish. Her exam is soon, mine is December 13th.
When is yours?

October 27th. Aren't you worried uni's will start giving offers out by then?
Reply 9
Original post by new1234
October 27th. Aren't you worried uni's will start giving offers out by then?

This has been raised before but I think it is in their best interests to wait as they will cannot predict the quality of future candidates. Also, I am applying to Cambridge so wanted to sync my preparation for the entrance exam for that with my LNAT prep so it could be more focussed. But, I may still change it... who knows.
Reply 10
Original post by dogg0
This has been raised before but I think it is in their best interests to wait as they will cannot predict the quality of future candidates. Also, I am applying to Cambridge so wanted to sync my preparation for the entrance exam for that with my LNAT prep so it could be more focussed. But, I may still change it... who knows.

Ahh, I thought the opposite and if they see someone with the perfect application I don't think they'd wait so I decided to do it earlier. I did the opposite and decided to get the LNAT out of the way so if I get an interview and have to the CLT I can focus on just this.
Original post by new1234

I realise this thread dates to 2017, but I have just done question 5 and wow was it hard- only got 17 :frown: worst score yet
I got 19 for test 5.

I range from 18-26 and I have 5 left to go (out of 17). Average score of 22.

I’m really impressed with the course.
@dobby’s Phoenix

Where are you planning to apply?

I’m Scottish so will be applying to Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen , Dundee and Oxford.

What has been your best score so far on Arbitio?
Original post by Dobby's Phoenix
I realise this thread dates to 2017, but I have just done question 5 and wow was it hard- only got 17 :frown: worst score yet

I think it is important to put the score in perspective. The Tests are harder, on account of a greater share of those "tricky" questions - the point is to make mistakes now and to allow for natural fluctuation in scores :smile:

In the Results section, your score is contextualised for the average user score and is translated to a percentile. It allows to gauge roughly how you are doing but that is it. It's better to focus on engaging with solutions and trying out your method towards the reading of the passages and eliminating answer options.

As the data points amount, you may have a look whether you can see any patterns in your performance in the dashboard, under content/time sections. Perhaps you get caught by specific types of questions or need to improve time management?

In summary, stay confident because you are preparing with very extensive materials - the fluency comes from reading a lot of varied passages with an active and critical mindset - and that pays off during the exam, which you should find that less daunting but still be able to apply yourself fully.

And don't forget to reach out whenever you have a question or would like some advice! :smile:
I signed up to ARBITIO and have found the MCQ section okay. However, I submitted an essay for marking nearly two weeks ago and have still not recieved any feedback. This is despite me emailing ARBITIO directly several times already. I believe this to be rather unprofessional, given that they claim to aim to give feedback within one week. This has caused me much anxiety given that my LNAT is in a few days and this will likely be the situation with some others.
Original post by kabumbaweed
I signed up to ARBITIO and have found the MCQ section okay. However, I submitted an essay for marking nearly two weeks ago and have still not recieved any feedback. This is despite me emailing ARBITIO directly several times already. I believe this to be rather unprofessional, given that they claim to aim to give feedback within one week. This has caused me much anxiety given that my LNAT is in a few days and this will likely be the situation with some others.

Uh oh, @Arbitio LNAT being very naughty here. If you are understaffed, Arbitio, I am all yours for my standard rate of £47 per hour.
Original post by kabumbaweed

It's a shame because I recievedd feedback from Arbitio on my essay which was actually fantastic feedback, but it did tak a little while to get to me :/ I found that if you email Arbitio they're extremely quick at getting back if you tell them it's urgent... give it a go depending on when your test is? Good luck with everything
Original post by Yoshi123456
@dobby’s Phoenix

Where are you planning to apply?

I’m Scottish so will be applying to Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen , Dundee and Oxford.

What has been your best score so far on Arbitio?

Sorry I've only just seen this! I've applied to Oxford, Nottingham, Exeter, Warwick and Durham. My best test was 25 on Test 8- I didn't complete all the tests on there though and have 25% extra time in the actual exam so all is in context. I've done my LNAT now but it's very hard to tell how well things have gone. We have to wait for results in February but I'll know if I've done well enough if get offers! Anxious times. How did your prep/test go?
My Arbitio test scores ranged between 18 and 30 with an average of over 23 I think. I competed all the tests. I think the exam went ok but it’s hard to tell.

Have you decided on your Oxford College? I’m deciding between Brasenose and Queens. Not long to go now....

Good luck with your application!

Latest

Trending

Trending