The Student Room Group

Applying to Oxford with SAT Subject Tests

Hey There,

I am applying to Oxford (PPE) with SATs instead of A-levels (as I live in South Africa). I have gotten 1480 for my SAT (which is above oxford's required score). But my Subject Tests did not go so well. I completed 3 Subject Tests (the required amount) but only one of them scored within Oxford's entry requirements. I am going to rewrite the Subjects test in December and I will receive the results in January 2018. I am not sure whether to include my original three scores in my UCAS application or rather to leave it at 3 pending scores. Will it ruin my chances if my original scores are below requirement?
Original post by ntapanlis
Hey There,

I am applying to Oxford (PPE) with SATs instead of A-levels (as I live in South Africa). I have gotten 1480 for my SAT (which is above oxford's required score). But my Subject Tests did not go so well. I completed 3 Subject Tests (the required amount) but only one of them scored within Oxford's entry requirements. I am going to rewrite the Subjects test in December and I will receive the results in January 2018. I am not sure whether to include my original three scores in my UCAS application or rather to leave it at 3 pending scores. Will it ruin my chances if my original scores are below requirement?

You should declare all results on your application since UCAS requires candidates to declare that examination information is complete:

https://www.ucas.com/corporate/about-us/privacy-policies-and-declarations/ucas-declaration

In common with many US institutions, if Oxford subsequently discovers you have not declared something you are required to declare ("misrepresentation"), any offer could be withdrawn.
Reply 2
Original post by BrasenoseAdm
You should declare all results on your application since UCAS requires candidates to declare that examination information is complete:

https://www.ucas.com/corporate/about-us/privacy-policies-and-declarations/ucas-declaration

In common with many US institutions, if Oxford subsequently discovers you have not declared something you are required to declare ("misrepresentation":wink:, any offer could be withdrawn.

In your opinion though, if, once I have rewritten my tests, I do significantly better - will I still have a chance. Or will I now be discarded immediately because my initial scores are below requirement
Original post by ntapanlis
In your opinion though, if, once I have rewritten my tests, I do significantly better - will I still have a chance. Or will I now be discarded immediately because my initial scores are below requirement

While it would be better to have achieved the entry requirement 'in one go', you are still qualified to apply and you have over-scored on your SATS, which is a plus. A decision to interview will take into account your TSA score and your application details relative to other applicants.

So in response to the question 'Will I be discarded automaticall?y', the answer is no you won't.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending