The Student Room Group

I feel so worthless

I feel that nobody likes me and that no one will want to love me

Scroll to see replies

Are your parents around? If they are, do you feel you can talk to them?
Reply 2
Original post by AnaBaptist
Are your parents around? If they are, do you feel you can talk to them?

They are but I'm too anxious to tell them about it..
Me too I feel awful
I got this terrible cold
I think you need to try to speak to them. Are you worried about relationships with everybody, or with a boyfriend/girlfriend?
Original post by Tom K16

How old are you? What stage of education are you at? Do you have siblings or close friends or family you can confide in? Have you spoken to a counsellor? That's what they're there for. If you look around you I think you'll be surprised by how many people love you and your presence.

Do you know what's causing this feeling? Do you feel self-conscious about something? Appearances can be changed! Perhaps something as simple as a new haircut might make you feel more confident in yourself?

Do you take part in any clubs outside of education/work? This might help you find some like-minded people who you can relate to and befriend.
Reply 6
I think you need to try to speak to them. Are you worried about relationships with everybody, or with a boyfriend/girlfriend?

I'm worried cause I'm really shy and I'm not very good at keeping friendships cause I'm really shy and anxious, my crush recently told me she would say yes if I asked her out but she wouldn't turn up.
Reply 7
Original post by carrotstar
How old are you? What stage of education are you at? Do you have siblings or close friends or family you can confide in? Have you spoken to a counsellor? That's what they're there for. If you look around you I think you'll be surprised by how many people love you and your presence.

Do you know what's causing this feeling? Do you feel self-conscious about something? Appearances can be changed! Perhaps something as simple as a new haircut might make you feel more confident in yourself?

Do you take part in any clubs outside of education/work? This might help you find some like-minded people who you can relate to and befriend.

I'm 16, In the first year of sixth form. I'm too shy and anxious to tell my parents about the way I feel. I haven't had the courage to see a doctor. I feel really low because I haven't got any friends cause I'm really shy. I don't do clubs because I'm too anxious.
Hi, I recently started sixth form and sort of felt the same way but I guarantee there is someone out there who does like you for who you are. Don't change yourself but maybe change the people around you who doesn't support you as well. I am shy as well but over the years I gained confidence. Maybe try and get a hobby like playing football, online games, watching anime anything that will get your mind of things.
Original post by Tom K16
I'm 16, In the first year of sixth form. I'm too shy and anxious to tell my parents about the way I feel. I haven't had the courage to see a doctor. I feel really low because I haven't got any friends cause I'm really shy. I don't do clubs because I'm too anxious.

But you managed to compose this thread, right? So look at online help instead. There must be forums dedicated to people who feel anxious or alone just like this one is dedicated to being a student! You just need to find people who feel the same way as you do.

Thinking back to school, is there anyone you see in classes or just around the campus who is also on their own? I'm sure they'd be over the moon to find someone who understands them! Perhaps Facebook could be a good way to make contact, or you could send them an email on the school system if you know the format of their username, push a note into their locker with your email on. Perhaps even ask a teacher to pass on a message if there's someone you get on with well and trust.

Take advantage of technology. You don't have to get to know people face-to-face any more and it will probably be much less awkward and daunting for you both!
You won't know this but a lot of people your age will feel exactly the same as you. That doesn't make it any easier because what you are feeling is very real to you and upsetting. The good news is that it doesn't have to be like this for you forever. Speak to your parents, speak to you GP and I'm sure in time your confidence will grow and you'll be a lot happier.
When I feel like that I just remember that I have a big willy.
Original post by Tom K16

Have their been experiences that reinforce your view that nobody likes you?

I'm sure your parents love you!

Be positive, be happy within yourself, notice your good qualities and do things that make you happy and give value like partaking in a hobby, volunteering etc.

Remember, a £20 note is always of value, no matter how many times it is scrunched up, it always has value!

I hope this helps:

1) Relax, imagine you're just observing or there as a traveller. For example, if you are on holiday, you go there to experience and observe the attraction, you're not going to get anxious doing that are you?

2) Smile, smiling in contagious.

3) Be confident, respect yourself, accept yourself, work out, wear good clothes, feel good, focus on your passions, know you are a good person who treats people well, think positively, be proud of yourself, do things that make you happy, remember your happy times, what makes you confident? What makes you proud? Do you have a skill you are good at? Do things like cooking, driving, learning that increases your confidence daily.

Have good posture, body language, improve your appearance.

4) Dress well, have good grooming, hairstyle, have good posture.

5) Just say hi or hey to people in your vicinity, who cares if they don't say anything back?

6) Ask how they are, how's everything, what made them choose this course, their plans for the future, their plans for the rest of the day, weekend, how was their weekend, what they will get up to, what they got up to, ask them about their hobbies, talk about what's happening.

Talk about the weather or did you see that sports game? Just mingle with them,

compliment them, say "I like your jacket". If you know they went on a holiday or somewhere, ask them about it etc.

7) Be passionate about life.

8) Lighten up, have a laugh, laugh easily, be friendly, approachable, interested, relaxed.

9) Look outside!
Reply 13
Original post by Allie1234
Hi, I recently started sixth form and sort of felt the same way but I guarantee there is someone out there who does like you for who you are. Don't change yourself but maybe change the people around you who doesn't support you as well. I am shy as well but over the years I gained confidence. Maybe try and get a hobby like playing football, online games, watching anime anything that will get your mind of things.

Thanks!
Reply 14
Original post by carrotstar
But you managed to compose this thread, right? So look at online help instead. There must be forums dedicated to people who feel anxious or alone just like this one is dedicated to being a student! You just need to find people who feel the same way as you do.

Thinking back to school, is there anyone you see in classes or just around the campus who is also on their own? I'm sure they'd be over the moon to find someone who understands them! Perhaps Facebook could be a good way to make contact, or you could send them an email on the school system if you know the format of their username, push a note into their locker with your email on. Perhaps even ask a teacher to pass on a message if there's someone you get on with well and trust.

Take advantage of technology. You don't have to get to know people face-to-face any more and it will probably be much less awkward and daunting for you both!

Thanks! Unfortunately my sixth form is very small and the only person who sits alone is my ex crush who said she would go out with me if I asked but just wouldn't turn up.
Reply 15
You won't know this but a lot of people your age will feel exactly the same as you. That doesn't make it any easier because what you are feeling is very real to you and upsetting. The good news is that it doesn't have to be like this for you forever. Speak to your parents, speak to you GP and I'm sure in time your confidence will grow and you'll be a lot happier.

Yeah OK I might arrange an appointment with my doctor.
Reply 16
Original post by Analyst89
Have their been experiences that reinforce your view that nobody likes you?

Sort of. I'm shy and never invited anywhere. My crush said that if I asked her out she'd say yes but just not turn up. No girl has ever taken an interest into me. No body notices me.
You're NOT worthless.
Reply 18
Original post by wonderuss
You're NOT worthless.

I feel it I really do.
Reply 19
there is more important things than being loved.and the purest love you can get from is your family's.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending