The Student Room Group

My mum left Islam at 40 years old. AMA.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mythirdleg
To raise awareness - to argue in a gentle civilised way using rationality, logic and empirical evidence

Okay, I'm definitely talking to a wall.
Original post by wonderuss
What else do you think we need, professor? As I've already said before, we are simply discussing things written in the Quran which we believe are wrong and therefore must be discussed. This is in turn bringing awareness to these issues which is what we need to fight against the power of the ignorance of some of the members of Islam. Do you get where I'm coming from? Or do you still think we must all remain quiet and not talk about things that are wrong?

Spoiler

I wasn't actually being patronising or sarcastic. Apologies if I came across that way but that wasn't my intention. I just think it's futile and has no solution.

It's best to start off with trying to understand how/why/when the universe came into existence and build from there.

Sorry my 2 cents :-)
Original post by QE2
If you don't like religious debate, perhaps it would be better for you if you didn't get involved in them. It seems somewhat presumptious of you to tell people who are happy to debate religion to stop doing it and to discuss what, and how you, want.

Also, you do realise that there have been many and major changes in attitudes to, and arguments for, religions over the centuries. How do you think the world would be now if Hume had thought "nah, not worth the bother", or Martin Luther, or Muhammad, or Constantine, Jesus, or Aristotle? The same, or different?

No mate - just thought I'd chime in with my thoughts.

Always best to start off with what we know (reality).

There are so many things to learn about - like going to the Smithsonian in DC or Science museum in South Ken.
Original post by diabloh
your mums a ho

Please give an example of the kind of scientific evidence that you're seeking

All sorts - evolutionary biology (Darwinian Evolution), origins/precursors of DNA, quantum mechanics, AI .... list is endless ;-)
Original post by QE2
I know. A Muslim mocking a non-Muslim for their intolerant approach to food was pretty funny, wasn't it!

They'll be having a go at me for all that praying I do next!

It was actually funny though, I wouldn't have imagined it the other way round :lol:
You eat halal food tho?
Original post by MiszShortee786

I must say you have a lot to learn about you're peaceful religion. It's beautiful when you delve deeply into it and not disregard it because you disagree with a thing or two.

Sahih Bukhari (84:57) - [In the words of] "Allah's Apostle, 'Whoever changed his Islamic religion, then kill him.'"

Sahih Bukhari (89:271) - A man who embraces Islam, then reverts to Judaism is to be killed according to "the verdict of Allah and his apostle."

SOOO PEACEFUL
Original post by saggy titties
whats her number?

am guessing it's...

Spoiler

So have you collated your items to be looked at yet?

It is now quite clear that your existence here is not needed nor valued. If you would like to make your own thread for whatever you're interested in and would like to discuss that with people, you can go ahead and do that, but over here, we're discussing religion. Does this makes sense?
Original post by Cravez
Sahih Bukhari (84:57) - [In the words of] "Allah's Apostle, 'Whoever changed his Islamic religion, then kill him.'"

Sahih Bukhari (89:271) - A man who embraces Islam, then reverts to Judaism is to be killed according to "the verdict of Allah and his apostle."

SOOO PEACEFUL

You clearly haven't lived it. And it is peaceful if you think of postives instead of negatives.
It is now quite clear that your existence here is not needed nor valued. If you would like to make your own thread for whatever you're interested in and would like to discuss that with people, you can go ahead and do that, but over here, we're discussing religion. Does this makes sense?

That's a bit harsh and you hadn't even answered my question :-)

I think what you're doing (+ QE2) is a joke
That's a bit harsh and you hadn't even answered my question :-)

I haven't answered because it's

I R R E L E V A N T

Why can't you understand this? I honestly don't know what tell you anymore. Please stop being a waste of space.

And okay, I'm glad we made you laugh, but it's now time for you to leave the show.
You clearly haven't lived it. And it is peaceful if you think of postives instead of negatives.

But that's not how being a Muslim works - you have to take it all. You can't pick and choose.
But that's not how being a Muslim works - you have to take it all. You can't pick and choose.

Who says I'm rejecting it?
Reply 313
Original post by ClearSky II
It was actually funny though, I wouldn't have imagined it the other way round :lol:
Well, that's the thing. People's firmly held beliefs sometimes turn out to be nonsense if they haven't considered them properly first.

You eat halal food tho?
Of course. Why wouldn't I?

Do you eat non-halal food?
Reply 314
Why are you so upset about people criticising Islam?
You claim not to be a Muslim, but your posts suggest otherwise. Possibly a dupe attempting to present a non-partisan defence of Islam?

Anywho, TSR is full of threads about all sorts of stuff. I'm sure that you can find one covering the issues that you consider to be worthwhile.
Reply 315
If a man does a lot of charity work but also rapes children - on which quality should we judge him?

Correct.
Therefore we must also judge Islam on its negatives
So does she believe in God?
Original post by QE2
If a man does a lot of charity work but also rapes children - on which quality should we judge him?

Correct.
Therefore we must also judge Islam on its negatives

A bit too dark :lol: but that's a nice analogy.
Who says I'm rejecting it?

So you accept it? You still believe your religion is peaceful and beautiful while knowing of these negatives in Islam?

I have a question for you. Would it be okay with you if you refused to have sex with your Muslim husband one night then he hit you for your disobedience? Because your religion says this is allowed. Your husband could literally bring out the Quran and say 'look, God tells you not to be disobedient to me so we have to have sex right now'.
Original post by angelike1
So does she believe in God?

Yes, she does.

Quick Reply

Latest