The Student Room Group

B in end of topic tests, does this mean i will get an A in the real thing?

Hey so basically i consistently get 3 marks off an A in end of topic chemistry tests. Does this mean that i am likely to get an A in my actual exam because apparently end of topic tests are harder and more specific than the actual exam???

I am doing a level chemistry btw
Reply 1
You know what to revise for end of topic tests, that's a vital difference.

I don't think class tests define what you get in the actual exam, I myself failed almost every Biology exam we had in class (because I was too lazy to revise) came out with an A in AS and my teachers were shocked.
Reply 2
Original post by Wikia
You know what to revise for end of topic tests, that's a vital difference.

I don't think class tests define what you get in the actual exam, I myself failed almost every Biology exam we had in class (because I was too lazy to revise) came out with an A in AS and my teachers were shocked.

Thank you for the response! Yeah, they're using it to determine what we will actually get in the exam but i dont know how realistic the end of topic tests are
I depends really, the topic tests are usually harder compared to the real thing, so i thing you'll be good. Just work on getting a solid A👍👍
it's a good sign , just don't get complacent and thinking you'll cruise through the whole exam with little to no revision
Original post by Appazap
Hey so basically i consistently get 3 marks off an A in end of topic chemistry tests. Does this mean that i am likely to get an A in my actual exam because apparently end of topic tests are harder and more specific than the actual exam???

I am doing a level chemistry btw

I'm assuming that this is your first topic test of the year. In which case I'd say, you can tell absolutely zilch at this point, though it is a good sign that you're dealing with the content quite well so far.
Reply 6
Original post by _gcx
I'm assuming that this is your first topic test of the year. In which case I'd say, you can tell absolutely zilch at this point, though it is a good sign that you're dealing with the content quite well so far.

Yeah i am in second year right now. The test was on rates and orders. Thank you for the encouragement
Reply 7
Original post by underxxted
I depends really, the topic tests are usually harder compared to the real thing, so i thing you'll be good. Just work on getting a solid A👍👍

This actually means a lot to me atm. Thank you very much!
Original post by Appazap
This actually means a lot to me atm. Thank you very much!

No Problem 😊.
As long as you keep working at the same rate or even harder, you should get an A. Just make sure you revise content, do past papers before the actual exam.

Quick Reply

Latest