The Student Room Group

I need help RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!

OKAY SO,
I STILL dont know whether to resit my A levels because I didn't do well or go university and do a foundation year for pharmacy.
I don't want to do pharmacy BUT THE THING IS, I come from a normal Asian family, but my parents are so nice to me all the time and I don't want to disappoint them. So I feel scared - I want to retake but what if I fail AGAIN?Then I'll regret everything and I'm going to feel horrible.
Because I always study a lot, I feel scared because my hard work also didn't pay off, but then again i don't want to do pharmacy.. AND I feel like retaking..
what did u get first time round
I know this would sound cliche but you should sit and talk with your parents. Tell them that you don't want to do pharmacy. Because theres no point doing it then not achieving it or hating it when you could be spending your time doing something you enjoy.
Reply 3
Original post by Ray_Shadows
what did u get first time round

DDD
I worked hard, but did no past papers because I thought the're useless since the specification has changed
Original post by fgjd
DDD
I worked hard, but did no past papers because I thought the're useless since the specification has changed

just talk to your parents about it , it'll be fine
Please done do pharmacy if you don’t enjoy it. Just resit again. If you fail, there are plenty of other options other than doing something you don’t like but you probably won’t if you work hard enough. What if you do pharmacy in uni, get a job in pharmacy and then regret it for the rest of your working life? The course that I want to do would mean that the maximum I’d earn would be an average wage but I’d be doing something I enjoy. If you got DDD, that means you’re not entirely ‘dumb’ (at my college, that’s actually a pass for the first year) so just try a different revision method. I get what Asian parents are like lol but even my dad has come to understand that I should do something I enjoy, not just something that would make me rich. Just speak to your parents-they’ll understand. Good luck 🙂
Original post by fgjd
OKAY SO,
I STILL dont know whether to resit my A levels because I didn't do well or go university and do a foundation year for pharmacy.
I don't want to do pharmacy BUT THE THING IS, I come from a normal Asian family, but my parents are so nice to me all the time and I don't want to disappoint them. So I feel scared - I want to retake but what if I fail AGAIN?Then I'll regret everything and I'm going to feel horrible.
Because I always study a lot, I feel scared because my hard work also didn't pay off, but then again i don't want to do pharmacy.. AND I feel like retaking..

Study for your own reasons. Work for your own reasons. In the end, what matters is your happiness and wellbeing.
As for the retakes, identify where you went wrong and why. Find and use methods to correct this. Past papers are always said to be one of the best methods of exam revision.

Just remember that what matters most in the end is how you will feel at the end of it. Do something that makes YOU proud of your effort!

Quick Reply

Latest