The Student Room Group

Driving lessons

i am sure this has been asked countless times before
I have booked 30 driving lessons as a block and I am hoping that I will be able to pass my driving test, I will be doing the new spec driving test style
I will be doing 2 hour lessons on a weekly basis in a manual car. Is there anything I can do to learn how to drive faster :smile:
practice outside of lessons
Original post by bubblegumcat
practice outside of lessons

I cant as I am away in uni and none of my friends have had their driving licence for at least 3 years or are 21 and over :redface:
Original post by toonervoustotalk
I cant as I am away in uni and none of my friends have had their driving licence for at least 3 years or are 21 and over :redface:

oh i see. if you go back home for the holidays maybe you could practice with your parents?
Reply 4
I have booked 30 driving lessons as a block and I am hoping that I will be able to pass my driving test, I will be doing the new spec driving test style
I will be doing 2 hour lessons on a weekly basis in a manual car. Is there anything I can do to learn how to drive faster :smile:

There's not much you can do except practice.
Original post by bubblegumcat
oh i see. if you go back home for the holidays maybe you could practice with your parents?

ok will consider it depending on how the lessons go :smile:
Original post by Black Water
There's not much you can do except practice.

makes sense
thank you :h:
try and watch some videos for visual exposure although practical experience is the key.

You can always simulate at home pretending to drive and practise. Sounds weird but works!!!
Reply 7
ok will consider it depending on how the lessons go :smile:

makes sense
thank you :h:

You're welcome :smile:
Original post by sulaimanali
try and watch some videos for visual exposure although practical experience is the key.

You can always simulate at home pretending to drive and practise. Sounds weird but works!!!

can you please elaborate on the stimulation please
i assume like using a plate as a steering wheel?
can you please elaborate on the stimulation please
i assume like using a plate as a steering wheel?

yeah basically that and pretend your using pedals and stuff. Practise using the indicator/changing gears+handbrake etc...
People might think your mentally ill or something but trust me this technqiue actually works.:colondollar:
Original post by sulaimanali
People might think your mentally ill or something but trust me this technqiue actually works.:colondollar:

haha, I will do it in my room to avoid it looking more strange than it is already :rofl:
Reply 12
To pass your TEST faster - just go through theory stuff. There's loads of books and apps to help you.

I just passed my driving test and had 20 hours of lessons (2 hours each), I only drove about an hour out of lessons and still managed to pass first time.

My best advice is to take your lessons seriously and to ask your instructor to go over stuff if you're unsure for example practising manoeuvres till you feel confident with them.
Let me know if you have any questions
Reply 14
60 hours is quite a lot so you might be ready sooner.I have heard suggested that your age is the number of hours needed approximately. Its a highly practical skill so while reading and watching videos will add sophistication to your knowledge I doubt it reduces the practical training needed. Only other idea is to find someone that will take you out for between lessons or is there a uni society that might be able to help?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending