The Student Room Group

Shy

I’m quite shy, when anyone shows an interest in me I turn away. Maybe they perceive it as be being rude or rejecting them? But I’m not I’m just very very nervous. Is shyness a big turn off or?
Original post by Anonymous
I’m quite shy, when anyone shows an interest in me I turn away. Maybe they perceive it as be being rude or rejecting them? But I’m not I’m just very very nervous. Is shyness a big turn off or?

Ayyy, me too. I'd just, aim to be around new people with your friends. Show how you act with them and how funny you can be etc. You can even get your friends to drop in hints hat youre shy af and they'll realise that youre not like that all the time and it just takes time for you to open up to people and be comfortable with them, and if they really like you, theyll make an effort to make you feel comfortable with them and yeah, idk what else really. hooe this helped!!
Personally, I find shyness and people 'turning away', as you put it, crippling. It immediately makes me sure that I'm not going to give whoever behaved in that manner any more of my time. I'm recovering from social anxiety and I have huge problems with self-esteem and self-worth so I tend to assume the worst whenever thing like that happen.
Original post by Anonymous
Ayyy, me too. I'd just, aim to be around new people with your friends. Show how you act with them and how funny you can be etc. You can even get your friends to drop in hints hat youre shy af and they'll realise that youre not like that all the time and it just takes time for you to open up to people and be comfortable with them, and if they really like you, theyll make an effort to make you feel comfortable with them and yeah, idk what else really. hooe this helped!!

lol
i think because people dont know what you're thinking, they'll think you're uninterested rather than you being shy. you just have to open up more, which i know is easier said than done. the best way to show interest would probably be just to nod and smile haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending