The Student Room Group
Original post by science&maths!!!
I am thinking of applying to the kings college EMDP but I don't know how to check if my school is a non-selective state school or not.

1. You go there, how could you possibly not know this?
2. Ask a teacher, obviously.
Is it a non private, non grammar school which doesn't have entry requirements (e.g passing the 11+) ?? How do u not know
Reply 3
I am thinking of applying to the kings college EMDP but I don't know how to check if my school is a non-selective state school or not.

Did you have to take some kind of Entrance Exam? if so then it is Selective, otherwise No.
Original post by M4cc4n4
Did you have to take some kind of Entrance Exam? if so then it is Selective, otherwise No.

I do not remember taking an exam when I got in, however I want to double check. I was wondering if there is like a list of all the schools that are selective or non selective?
Honestly how the hell don't you know what your own school is
I do not remember taking an exam when I got in, however I want to double check. I was wondering if there is like a list of all the schools that are selective or non selective?

You could ask literally any teacher tomorrow, they work at the school and will obviously know about where they work. You should know about your own school.
Original post by chanel_666
Is it a non private, non grammar school which doesn't have entry requirements (e.g passing the 11+) ?? How do u not know

Its not a grammar or private school, and I do not remember taking an exam when I got in. I was just wondering if there is like an actual list of selective and non selective schools anywhere.
Original post by PoliticsandP
Honestly how the hell don't you know what your own school is

Because I am an idiot. Do you know how I can check tho?
Original post by Glassapple
You could ask literally any teacher tomorrow, they work at the school and will obviously know about where they work. You should know about your own school.

I do not go that school anymore and also I am pretty sure its non-selective state school but I just want to double check online. Like is there any websites I can do that on?
Because I am an idiot. Do you know how I can check tho?

A lot of schools have a Wikipedia page which states this information, just type the name of your school followed by 'Wikipedia' into Google and you should find it. If you're not confident enough to ask a teacher this incredibly basic piece of information (or phone the school reception desk and ask them) then medicine is definitely not right for you. You will be constantly talking to people you don't know all day every day when you're a medical student and a doctor.
(edited 6 years ago)
1. Ask parents
2. Ask teachers
3. Google it
A lot of schools have a Wikipedia page which states this information, just type the name of your school followed by 'Wikipedia' into Google and you should find it. If you're not confident enough to ask a teacher this incredibly basic piece of information (or phone the school reception desk and ask them) then medicine is definitely not right for you. You will be constantly talking to people you don't know all day, every day.

I said I do not go to that school anymore. But thanks I will call the school reception desk if I can find it myself, but I wanted to get this done now rather then wait for tomorrow. Also I did try Wikipedia and other sites couldn't find anything.
A lot of schools have a Wikipedia page which states this information, just type the name of your school followed by 'Wikipedia' into Google and you should find it. If you're not confident enough to ask a teacher this incredibly basic piece of information (or phone the school reception desk and ask them) then medicine is definitely not right for you. You will be constantly talking to people you don't know all day every day when you're a medical student and a doctor.

I think I do not know that from my work experience and volunteering. Also why would I bother my teachers by emailing them (since I don not go to that school), when I can work it out myself sooner or later.
I think I do not know that from my work experience and volunteering. Also why would I bother my teachers by emailing them (since I don not go to that school), when I can work it out myself sooner or later.

You could have found out the information you want through Google in less time than it took you to make your first post on here. You wouldn't have to email them if you wanted to come tact them to ask, you could easily call the school's reception desk number and literally ask if they're a selective school or not. The receptionist would tell you within a second, then you'd say thank you and goodbye and hang up the phone.

Look at their ofsted report ...

Latest

Trending

Trending