The Student Room Group

Arbitio LNAT - reviews?

I have subscribed and currently working my way through the tests and exams. I HAVE BEEN GETTING REALLY LOW MARKS. Like 13/42! I got that twice! I am beginning to panic because I have no hope in getting into ANY university if I get that on the real day. Is anyone finding this too?
Original post by PKB2503
I have subscribed and currently working my way through the tests and exams. I HAVE BEEN GETTING REALLY LOW MARKS. Like 13/42! I got that twice! I am beginning to panic because I have no hope in getting into ANY university if I get that on the real day. Is anyone finding this too?

I've PMed you some tips for approach to questions and undertaking analysis of your answers - hope it helps :smile:

We have indeed designed our Tests to be more challenging than the LNAT itself, so that it makes for effective preparation. Only a fraction of LNAT questions on the exam are 'tricky' - and we have aimed to make most of our questions 'tricky' across the curriculum. That way they actually train your skills and offer opportunity for 'teaching moments'.

It is not about the score that you get as you practise, it is rather about learning from the reasoned solutions to every answer option we have provided. Every year, the average score differs because the exam itself is more of a reflection how a given cohort finds it. In that sense, practice score can never be an accurate predictor of exam performance. The aim is to do just a bit better than the average. And since the distribution of scores is actually quite narrow, it is about knowing how to answer those 'tricky' questions in order to excel.

Confidence should come from the fact that you are training in a simulated environment and regularly apply critical reading skills to a great number of passages on varied topics. It matters how you approach things on the exam day itself, so now is the time for steadfast practice instead of trying to ascertain how you will do on the day.

And lastly, remember to treat LNAT as a positive opportunity to help your application. Whatever the end result, each application is holistically considered for all its merits.
ME TOO!!!! For some reason my marks on arbitio are drastically different to those from other practice test books arghh
Reply 3
Hey guys,
I also got a couple of low marks (15's been my lowest) but these practice tests are meant to be much harder than the actual thing so dont be worried!
Reply 4
Original post by PKB2503

Out of curiosity, what did you end up getting in the real thing and did you get any offers?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending