The Student Room Group

Rick and Morty nugget sauce causes riot!

Fights have broken out over the Mulan Szechuan sauce release for a Rick and Morty promotion by McDonalds (if you don't know what Rick and Morty is, for goodness sake stop wasting time and go watch it now)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41543636

The Szechuan sauce, which was only made in 1998 to promote the film Mulan, has become well known after featuring in the popular cartoon Rick and Morty.

In July the chain sent a large bottle of the sauce to the show's creators.

They then announced it would come back for one day on 7 October, but fans were left disappointed after stores ran out.

In one video, police can be seen holding back people chanting "we want sauce".

All I have to say to that is... wubba lubba dub dub! I'm pickle rick!

[video="youtube;q2dbe_PV5_E"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2dbe_PV5_E[/video]

Scroll to see replies

That's ****ing stupid, I can actually see why some people complain about the fanbase now (watch the show myself but that's just stupid).
I like that obscure references from the show have real-world implications now. It was a really nice stunt by McDonald's, too, but they really messed it up by underestimating the demand. It was always going to be a popular event with fans of the show because they all feel like they're part of an in-joke, but if you restrict supply such that most of them are left out of it it's obviously going to backfire.

McDonald's really is the Redgrin Grumboldt of messing up publicity stunts.
(edited 6 years ago)
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick and Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existencial catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them. 😂 And yes by the way, I DO have a Rick and Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only - And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Castro Saint
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick and Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existencial catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them. 😂 And yes by the way, I DO have a Rick and Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only - And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

Original post by TreeFellOnMe

Oh wow ok I really don't see much of stuff on alternate social media to FB if I don't see all these memes.
Imagine waiting in line for 10 hours to buy a dipping sauce for chicken nuggets.
Original post by W. A. Mozart
Imagine waiting in line for 10 hours to buy a dipping sauce for chicken nuggets.

And if you are a sane human being, then proceed to realise that you just waited 10 hours for a dipping sauce which you only went to get because it was referenced a few times in a TV show
This story is both hilarious and depressing.

Also Rick and Morty fandom is probably the worst fandom around.
It's some ****ing sauce what
No sauce, just ketchup
everyday we stray further from god
Fighting over a defunct McDonald's condiment because a cartoon scientist said it was good. I don't think Rick would approve.
Original post by TreeFellOnMe

Purple man flies to green ghost guys face
Guy goes "ah"
Pink guy gets electrocuted
He goes "ah"
Pickle d*ck.

It all makes sense now! Time for sauce, I've earned it.
Original post by Castro Saint

You copied and pasted this!
https://www.reddit.com/r/me_irl/comments/749sxl/meirl/Screenshot_2017-10-09-16-28-34.png
I heard it just turned out to be a normal McDonald stabbing™ :/

Basically him from your lower kingdom your highness

I can't catch on to this ****.

Hi btw 😛
Rick and Morty fans are pseudo intellectuals who probably aren't as smart as they think they are. Sure they may have a good understanding of society and grasp of intelligent witty jokes but beyond that they're just annoying. Like seriously, this is totally ridiculous. People were paying $10 for chicken nuggets dipped in the sauce, that's just silly.

Note: Im talking about the hardcore arrogant ones specifically (i.e. the dumbasses who'd start a fight over something like this)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending