The Student Room Group

i don't know what to do!!!

im in yr11, i get given a lot of homework and tests every week on different subjects my mock is not far away, my only problem is how am i going to revise my GCSEs subjects please can someone give really good advice thats useful??
Original post by anasthaxx31
im in yr11, i get given a lot of homework and tests every week on different subjects my mock is not far away, my only problem is how am i going to revise my GCSEs subjects please can someone give really good advice thats useful??

I would get a revision guide for all your subjects, next I would do a timetable so I am doing at least one past paper per day. If there is too much homework, then avoid it. Revision takes priority. Say you will bring it in next time. Don't worry about the mocks too much, they don't reflect your final grades. Then just keep at it :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Den987
I would get a revision guide for all your subjects, next I would do a timetable so I am doing at least one past paper per day. If there is too much homework, then avoid it. Revision takes priority. Say you will bring it in next time. Don't worry about the mocks too much, they don't reflect your final grades. Then just keep at it :smile:
thank you i'll just do that and hope for the best:smile:

Don't follow the above. I warn you. Do your homework as they are relevant. There will come a time when teachers will give you revision time, mocks are still 3-4 months away; plenty of time.

It's up to you how you plan your revision. If you are up to date with everything then you should get it all done. Everything you need to know will be in the revision guides.
I know when I did my GCSE's and they gave you practice questions, those helped. But when they gave you re-search tasks or stuff from the wrong specification, which was not going to come up in the test or the exam, then that stuff was pointless. If you are pressed for time, it's best to do those at a later date.

Good luck :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Reversed Flash
Don't follow the above. I warn you. Do your homework as they are relevant. There will come a time when teachers will give you revision time, mocks are still 3-4 months away; plenty of time.

ok
Reply 6
Original post by Den987
It's up to you how you plan your revision. If you are up to date with everything then you should get it all done. Everything you need to know will be in the revision guides.
I know when I did my GCSE's and they gave you practice questions, those helped. But when they gave you re-search tasks or stuff from the wrong specification, which was not going to come up in the test or the exam, then that stuff was pointless. If you are pressed for time, it's best to do those at a later date.

Good luck :smile:
yes I'm just gonna give all my best and hope thats enough really i don't do pointless homework because its not going to get me anywhere but thank you though:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest