English Lang - B
Core science -B
Additional science - A
PE - C
French - C
Health and social care - E
Arabic - A*
Construction - Merit

As you can see my GCSEs are absolutely awful and health and social care is something that I’m ashamed especially because it is relevant to medicine. If I apply to Unis that don’t focus on GCSEs do you think I have a chance to get into medicine?

I am currently doing Biology, Chemistry and PE for AS - level.
Reply 1
Thank you ! I will try my absolute best at A levels.
Reply 2
I will, also my school only allows us to retake English and maths if we get bellow a C. Thanks for the advice though.
Reply 3
Original post by Med-dream
My GCSEs
Mathematics - B
English Lit - A
English Lang - B
Core science -B
Additional science - A
PE - C
French - C
Health and social care - E
Arabic - A*
Construction - Merit

As you can see my GCSEs are absolutely awful and health and social care is something that I’m ashamed especially because it is relevant to medicine. If I apply to Unis that don’t focus on GCSEs do you think I have a chance to get into medicine?

I am currently doing Biology, Chemistry and PE for AS - level.

There's no harm in applying after your AS exams, however you may find that you don't get any offers, particularly if you aren't sitting external/certificated AS exams. If you get no offers, just take a year out and re-apply with achieved A2 grades and hopefully strong admissions test scores. If you're strategic about how you apply your GCSEs shouldn't be an issue but you will need AAA or higher for A2.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending