The Student Room Group

Is it too late to apply?

Can someone please tell me whether it is too late to apply for student finance?

So I started Uni this september 2017, and I never applied for student finance back in May, as my parents agreed that they would pay it themselves because they saved money for my uni fees. However, now they are buying a house and are in need of all the money they can get. Which leaves me in a tricky situation, as I have already told the uni that I will pay the fees myself in installments.
(I have not paid the first installment yet, as it is due in late october)

Could I still apply for student finance for this academic year? or is it too late for that. Or could I apply for maintanence loan and use that to pay my fees.
Original post by UmamaTahsin

So I started Uni this september 2017, and I never applied for student finance back in May, as my parents agreed that they would pay it themselves because they saved money for my uni fees. However, now they are buying a house and are in need of all the money they can get. Which leaves me in a tricky situation, as I have already told the uni that I will pay the fees myself in installments.

Could I still apply for student finance for this academic year? or is it too late for that. Or could I apply for maintanence loan and use that to pay my fees.

You can apply for both a tuition and maintenance loan still.

Fill in an application ASAP. If you can get your application through quickly you’ll have evidence of your application to show your university before you have to pay your fee instalment
Original post by UmamaTahsin

Hi UmamaTahsin,

Just to add to PQ's answer - the deadline for applying for funding or making changes to your application is 9 months after the start of your Academic Year.

Regards,

Stuart

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending