The Student Room Group

Government Finance Form

Hello,
I have recently learnt that I have been granted a place to study abroad within Europe and am eligible to apply for the study abroad travel grants.
Please can you advise where the form is to complete it on the government website as I have not been able to locate this or any help line following entering in my usual student details. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you!
Original post by Amy Nguyen
Hello,
I have recently learnt that I have been granted a place to study abroad within Europe and am eligible to apply for the study abroad travel grants.
Please can you advise where the form is to complete it on the government website as I have not been able to locate this or any help line following entering in my usual student details. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you!

Hi Amy Nguyen,

The application for students travel grant will be carried out automatically by our assessment team depending on the information provided by the student on their main application for funding.
If students are eligible then a claim form will automatically be sent to them. Deadline is for the main income assessed application to be submitted within 9 months of the start of the academic year. Thanks Rona
Reply 2
Hi Rona,
Thanks for your message. How will the assessment team know that I am applying for the term abroad? Please can you send me a link so I can ensure i follow the correct steps. I will be going in January so would like to apply now.
Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.
Best wishes,
Amy

Original post by Rona SFE
Hi Amy Nguyen,

The application for students travel grant will be carried out automatically by our assessment team depending on the information provided by the student on their main application for funding.
If students are eligible then a claim form will automatically be sent to them. Deadline is for the main income assessed application to be submitted within 9 months of the start of the academic year. Thanks Rona
Hi Rona,
Thanks for your message. How will the assessment team know that I am applying for the term abroad? Please can you send me a link so I can ensure i follow the correct steps. I will be going in January so would like to apply now.
Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.
Best wishes,
Amy

Hi Amy Nguyen,

On the section about your course and university or college on the application, it will ask if you're studying abroad.

Thanks Katie
Reply 4
Hi Katie,
I'm slightly confused. I've already got a PG approved loan for 2017/2018. How do I navigate my account to then apply for the funding? I did not know that I was going on an exchange when i applied via student finance. Thank you.
Amy
Hi Katie,
I'm slightly confused. I've already got a PG approved loan for 2017/2018. How do I navigate my account to then apply for the funding? I did not know that I was going on an exchange when i applied via student finance. Thank you.
Amy

Hi Amy,

When you say you have a "PG approved loan" are you on a Masters course with a Postgraduate Loan?

Thanks,

Stuart
Reply 6
Hi Stuart,
Thank you for your message - yes that is correct.
Best wishes,
Amy Nguyen

Original post by Stuart SFE
Hi Amy,

When you say you have a "PG approved loan" are you on a Masters course with a Postgraduate Loan?

Thanks,

Stuart
Hi Stuart,
Thank you for your message - yes that is correct.
Best wishes,
Amy Nguyen

Hi Amy,

Although students are able to undertake periods of attendance abroad during their Master's course and remain eligible for a Postgraduate Loan there is no separate travel grant available.

I would advise checking with your university for other funding sources that may be available.

Regards,

Stuart

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending