The Student Room Group

Registered, scheduled. No money

I have confirmations, I've long since registered at my uni and student finance has nothing on my to do list but my bank balance remains the same. Everyone else has been able to use their loan to pay off rent which I desperately need to do as well as eating and generally staying alive.
Original post by anAprilPickle
I have confirmations, I've long since registered at my uni and student finance has nothing on my to do list but my bank balance remains the same. Everyone else has been able to use their loan to pay off rent which I desperately need to do as well as eating and generally staying alive.

Hi anAprilPickle,

If you check your payment schedule in your online student finance account what is your payment status?

Thanks,

Stuart
Original post by Stuart SFE
Hi anAprilPickle,

If you check your payment schedule in your online student finance account what is your payment status?

Thanks,

Stuart

Hi Stuart, it says payment scheduled (5th october)
Hi Stuart, it says payment scheduled (5th october)

Then it says awaiting confirmation but I checked with my university and they said that I have been confirmed and registered and it's all been sent
Then it says awaiting confirmation but I checked with my university and they said that I have been confirmed and registered and it's all been sent

Hi anAprilPickle,

if it shows 'awaiting confirmation' then it hasn't updated on our payment system.

After the university send off your confirmation of registration it can take up to two working days to update.

When it does your status will change to 'Payment in progress' and you would have the cleared funds in your bank account in 3 to 5 working days.

Regards,

Stuart
Hi anAprilPickle,

if it shows 'awaiting confirmation' then it hasn't updated on our payment system.

After the university send off your confirmation of registration it can take up to two working days to update.

When it does your status will change to 'Payment in progress' and you would have the cleared funds in your bank account in 3 to 5 working days.

Regards,

Stuart

It has been well over 2 days though. Everyone else in my university year has their loan.
Hi anAprilPickle,

Regards,

Stuart

I don't understand why it's so difficult to just say when I'm getting it, why i'm not getting it. Is there anyway you can find out? or I can, i called your people and I just kept talking to a robot. I want a person who actually wants to help me and not just answer questions with the templates they give you and clock out for their paycheck
I don't understand why it's so difficult to just say when I'm getting it, why i'm not getting it. Is there anyway you can find out? or I can, i called your people and I just kept talking to a robot. I want a person who actually wants to help me and not just answer questions with the templates they give you and clock out for their paycheck

Hi anAprilPickle,

Although your application can be fully approved with the payments scheduled and ready to go to you, we cannot release the payment until the university confirm your registration, as not every student that applies for a loan will actually take up the place.

The university confirm your registration on a system we share, the Student Information System, they will find your name against the your course and indicate that you have registered.

It takes 24 to 48 hours to come across and once updated you can be confident the payment is automatically released.

Check your online account that your course details are correct and if confirmation of registration has still not been updated, you will need to speak to the university again.

Thanks Rona

Quick Reply