The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

It's illegal to 'borrow' someone else's ID in the first place you absolute wombat
Original post by Galahad_
It's illegal to 'borrow' someone else's ID in the first place you absolute wombat

Well no ****. I’m just enquiring about the legality of owning 2 IDs
Well you don't own the second ID, you borrowed it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
The only way anyone will find out if you get both of the licenses out at the same time, so as long as you don't do that, you'll be fine.
You can have as many ad you want as long as they are correct and your own. I have my drivers licence and passport but they are both mine and correct.

I'm mostly sure you can only have one of each type though.
Reply 6
It's illegal to attempt to buy alcohol under the age of 18. It could be a potential criminal/civil offence of fraud to use that fake ID for other purposes.

Simply carrying a fake ID is not a crime in itself.
Reply 7
Original post by sadevictoria
Well no ****. I’m just enquiring about the legality of owning 2 IDs

Well, you said you used her ID to get a piercing so it's not just enquiring about owning 2 IDs, seeing that the 2nd ID isn't even yours. It's fine to carry around but you shouldn't use it to gain access to age restricted goods/services.

Your thread is about fake IDs so there must be something else you're not telling us?
Original post by utr
The only way anyone will find out if you get both of the licenses out at the same time, so as long as you don't do that, you'll be fine.

All I wanted to know, thank you :smile:
Original post by Ezisola
It's illegal to attempt to buy alcohol under the age of 18. It could be a potential criminal/civil offence of fraud to use that fake ID for other purposes.

Simply carrying a fake ID is not a crime in itself.

I could make a strong argument that it is a crime. If you don't intend to use it to break the law, why would you own it?
Original post by Kandiman
I could make a strong argument that it is a crime. If you don't intend to use it to break the law, why would you own it?

I said carrying, not owning.

Regardless; simply possessing an item which may* be used to break the law is not usually a crime in itself.

*obvious exceptions for potential terrorism items, coming equipped for burglary, etc - which all have their own specific offences listed.
Original post by Ezisola
I said carrying, not owning.

Regardless; simply possessing an item which may* be used to break the law is not usually a crime in itself.

*obvious exceptions for potential terrorism items, coming equipped for burglary, etc - which all have their own specific offences listed.

Possessing an item of which the only purpose is to knowingly break the law is almost certainly a crime in itself though. Literally the only good reason for carrying it otherwise is that you're using it to train people to spot fake IDs as part of your job, but that would be easy to verify.

It's like owning a lockpicking kit. They're perfectly legal to own if you're a locksmith, but way harder to explain if you're employed as a barista.
Possessing an item of which the only purpose is to knowingly break the law is almost certainly a crime in itself though. Literally the only good reason for carrying it otherwise is that you're using it to train people to spot fake IDs as part of your job, but that would be easy to verify.

It's like owning a lockpicking kit. They're perfectly legal to own if you're a locksmith, but way harder to explain if you're employed as a barista.

Poor example, I know of a couple of people who own lock picks because they do it as a hobby. Pretty sure neither are criminals
Original post by Ezisola
Poor example, I know of a couple of people who own lock picks because they do it as a hobby. Pretty sure neither are criminals

If they go out of their house with their lock pics, then they might be committing a criminal offence. Pretty good example, after all.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1968/60/section/25

it could be one of her friends ID's that she found on the floor and is just keeping it safe until they meet up again. Don't be such a wet blanket lol
Reply 15
Not illegal per se, but difficult to explain if you get caught
Original post by jamesj477
it could be one of her friends ID's that she found on the floor and is just keeping it safe until they meet up again. Don't be such a wet blanket lol

Doesn't matter whose ID it is if it's fake, though, does it? Possessing a fake ID indicates an intent to commit a crime. That's kind of how the law works, kid.
Doesn't matter whose ID it is if it's fake, though, does it? Possessing a fake ID indicates an intent to commit a crime. That's kind of how the law works, kid.

yes, but the police can't prove that can they. The ID itself isn't fake, OP said that a girl gave her hers to use. As long as you arent caught trying to use it, you can just say that you found it and are gonna return it to her. even if the police did get involved, at worst u will just get it confiscated. lighten up kandi
Original post by jamesj477
yes, but the police can't prove that can they. The ID itself isn't fake, OP said that a girl gave her hers to use. As long as you arent caught trying to use it, you can just say that you found it and are gonna return it to her. even if the police did get involved, at worst u will just get it confiscated. lighten up kandi

I'm now wondering where you find people stupid enough to accept someone else's ID. Like, they have a picture on them. If you're thick enough that you can't tell the difference between the person in front of you and the person pictured on an ID, you need culling from society.
I'm now wondering where you find people stupid enough to accept someone else's ID. Like, they have a picture on them. If you're thick enough that you can't tell the difference between the person in front of you and the person pictured on an ID, you need culling from society.

happens all the time lol, most shopkeepers dont care. Most of my friends had them when they were 16/17 and were completely fine

Latest

Trending

Trending