The Student Room Group

How many litres of water do you drink a day?

Poll

How many litres of water do you drink

I recently gave up drinking energy drinks and now drink water instead and try to drink 4 litres a day.

How many do you manage to drink?
Hardly manage even 1 litre of pure water. I do however
supplement my water intake from caffeinated beverages
and juices, which is not very good...but not the biggest
fan of water [personally. I do like flavoured water
however, and do drink it occasionally.
Probably 2-3L. Used to be about 5L :hide:
gallon a day
Original post by chelseadagg3r
Probably 2-3L. Used to be about 5L :hide:

5 litres is impressive! 4 litres is about the most I can manage..

Original post by Yummy Koochy
Hardly manage even 1 litre of pure water. I do however
supplement my water intake from caffeinated beverages
and juices, which is not very good...but not the biggest
fan of water [personally. I do like flavoured water
however, and do drink it occasionally.

Cold water straight from the fridge really helps :wink:
Original post by Ninja Squirrel
I recently gave up drinking energy drinks and now drink water instead and try to drink 4 litres a day.

How many do you manage to drink?

That's a hell of a lot - you must be going for a pee all the time

Think there's an urban legend started by bottled water companies about drinking very large amounts of water being good for you... but it's not necessary
imo 4l too much and you will be going to the loo all day.

Colour of urine and thirst are adequate indicators.
Original post by Joinedup
That's a hell of a lot - you must be going for a pee all the time

Think there's an urban legend started by bottled water companies about drinking very large amounts of water being good for you... but it's not necessary

Yeah I'm using the bathroom a lot... I know too much water can be worse for you but that's only if you're drinking a serious amount.
Cold water straight from the fridge really helps :wink:

Funny you should mention that, coz i just started doing that
when i ran out of juice. Tap water tastes amazing when
refrigerated. Thanks for the tip :smile:
Original post by Ninja Squirrel
Yeah I'm using the bathroom a lot... I know too much water can be worse for you but that's only if you're drinking a serious amount.

Well it's better than 4l of energy or fizzy drink... but it seems pretty odd to have a target amount unless you've got a medical condition or something.
Went from 0 to 1 to 2 right back to hardly any. Maybe 2 or 3 glasses of water if lucky :redface: :hide:
Original post by Joinedup
Well it's better than 4l of energy or fizzy drink... but it seems pretty odd to have a target amount unless you've got a medical condition or something.

I didn't drink 4 litres of energy drinks! lol I'd probably be dead. I used to drink 2 cans of relentless everyday and each can is 500ml, I'd sometimes have an extra 300ml of coke or something as well without drinking hardly any water, maybe 1 small glass before bed.

I'm doing it mostly as an experiment to see how drinking water makes me feel and just to kinda detox myself of toxins and stuff. After a month I'll reduce it to 3 litres probably which will be much more manageable.
(edited 6 years ago)
You don't need 4 litres fam
Between 1.5 litres and 2.5 litres. :smile: I try to drink at least 2 litres, though.
I don't think even a litre :colondollar:
Usually about .75L of water. I also drink about 6 cups of tea and 3 cups of milk a day :biggrin:
I have a set routine

1 pint +2 mugs of green tea in the morning

I have 700ml of coffee in my flask + a further 2 litres of green tea

in the evening I drink half a pint of water with my evening meal

and then have a pint of milk before bed and then a pint of water and a further half pint of water prior to actually sleeping after I've had a shower.
I don't count or have any set routine. How much water I need can vary significantly day to day depending on the weather and how much excercise I've done. I just drink a cup whenever I feel I need it, and I'd say I average 1.5-2 litres per day.

Quick Reply

Latest