The Student Room Group

How to get over a crush??

She broke my heart. I was far too emotionally invested in her now I feel depressed.
Time, distance, someone else.
Reply 2
Original post by Yummy Koochy
Time, distance, someone else.

I can't I'm too shy.
Original post by Tom K16
I can't I'm too shy.

take time to relax, don't get emotionally invested in others until you're sure something is going to happen
Original post by Tom K16
I can't I'm too shy.

Original post by minertommy
take time to relax, don't get emotionally invested in others until you're sure something is going to happen

As above. Take care and nurture yourself right now. You can worry about everything else later.

If you need to cry then cry, if you need to take time out of stuff, then do that, whatever you feel like you need to recover from this.
It is a traumatic experience, trust me I know, I've been there. Heartbreak, loss and grief. There's been days that have been so
painful I thought I wouldn't get out of alive. Allow yourself time to grieve, because believe me when I say this, you will get past this,
and once you do, you will be a better stronger version of yourself, and look back and see this as a learning experience. Don't let
this crush you, you are worth so much more than that.

Your days will get brighter. Just don't let go of hope. Feel free to pm me anytime if you ever wanna chat. I wish you well if and till then.

-x-

(edited 6 years ago)
Nothing we say will make you feel better, only time. Now you feel like she's the only one for you in the whole wide world, but you'll meet someone just as good or special as her, trust me, i went throught this a few times. You'll laugh at the idea of her soon. When you feel a little better, it's important that you go out, because girls are not gonna come to your door.
distance and indulge yourself in your interests and hobbies
Try keep yourself busy with a hobbie or even start a new one and focus on that. Focus on work/school/whatever you do and work on making yourself better. Spend time with friends and family and do things that make you happy. Just keep occupied so you don't think of them too much.

If you need to cry or talk to someone to get it off your chest, do it. You'll feel better afterwards and it might help you stop thinking about things so much.

I started at a gym when my ex broke up with me (out of the blue after 2.5 years) and it took my mind off him for a good couples hours a day and now I feel like I'm over him and feel better about myself for getting a better body in the process:colondollar:
Reply 8

Yeah I feel kinda stupid for totally falling for her when she hasn't done anything to deserve my affections.

Original post by Yummy Koochy
As above. Take care and nurture yourself right now. You can worry about everything else later.

If you need to cry then cry, if you need to take time out of stuff, then do that, whatever you feel like you need to recover from this.
It is a traumatic experience, trust me I know, I've been there. Heartbreak, loss and grief. There's been days that have been so
painful I thought I wouldn't get out of alive. Allow yourself time to grieve, because believe me when I say this, you will get past this,
and once you do, you will be a better stronger version of yourself, and look back and see this as a learning experience. Don't let
this crush you, you are worth so much more than that.

Your days will get brighter. Just don't let go of hope. Feel free to pm me anytime if you ever wanna chat. I wish you well if and till then.

-x-

Thanks

Original post by Timothy01
Nothing we say will make you feel better, only time. Now you feel like she's the only one for you in the whole wide world, but you'll meet someone just as good or special as her, trust me, i went throught this a few times. You'll laugh at the idea of her soon. When you feel a little better, it's important that you go out, because girls are not gonna come to your door.

Yeah. I'm really shy and anxious so I don't have friends so I'm gonna see a doctor and see what he says and then hopefully become more socially confident and make more friends and join more clubs.

Original post by tamil fever
distance and indulge yourself in your interests and hobbies

I'm gonna!

Original post by abbalarr95
Try keep yourself busy with a hobbie or even start a new one and focus on that. Focus on work/school/whatever you do and work on making yourself better. Spend time with friends and family and do things that make you happy. Just keep occupied so you don't think of them too much.

If you need to cry or talk to someone to get it off your chest, do it. You'll feel better afterwards and it might help you stop thinking about things so much.

I started at a gym when my ex broke up with me (out of the blue after 2.5 years) and it took my mind off him for a good couples hours a day and now I feel like I'm over him and feel better about myself for getting a better body in the process:colondollar:

Thanks!
Keep yourself busy and away from this person and even this person is around you walk around them like a BOSSSS !!! It will take but I promise it will work just try and forget about it xx
Imagine them pooping...it works lmao

This is the dream - but it doesn't always work like that.

Do whatever you need, be sad, take up a new hobby - get your mind moving on. When I'm having dramas I go out and hoon about in my car like an impromptu Monte Carlo Rally because it makes me feel better. Find your release and work through.

Honestly its just about filling time until you're ready to get over it, but getting out there and talking to other people helps a lot - you might even meet someone new. Just don't do a relationship as a rebound that never goes well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending