The Student Room Group

How long do you give a uni a chance for?

If you go to university and immediately don't feel it's right, how long do you leave it before you act on it?

Some people say to 'give it time', but give it too long and you lose your opportunity to switch course, or university if something does go awry.

For me personally I'm asking with regards to university and course, but either is fine.
Reply 1
Too late to switch now. And transferring is very hard as uni's want you to do all 3 years.

What I did.

Hated my first uni, but I am going to see out the first semester no matter what.

In the meantime, call sixth form and ask if you can apply through them to ucas. Redo personal statement etc and apply. Wait till offers come in.

Then just see how you feel at current uni, if you don't like then just leave and go to alternative uni
Reply 2
Original post by freedom
Too late to switch now. And transferring is very hard as uni's want you to do all 3 years.

What I did.

Hated my first uni, but I am going to see out the first semester no matter what.

In the meantime, call sixth form and ask if you can apply through them to ucas. Redo personal statement etc and apply. Wait till offers come in.

Then just see how you feel at current uni, if you don't like then just leave and go to alternative uni

I'm on an FY, so a lot of people tend to transfer after it - if this were Year 1 I'd understand. Would it be better to get a reference from my uni officials or from sixth form? Given I left like 2 years ago.

Say I get offers from UCAS and then decide to stay at this uni, will I automatically stay on my course?
Reply 3
Original post by CastCuraga
I'm on an FY, so a lot of people tend to transfer after it - if this were Year 1 I'd understand. Would it be better to get a reference from my uni officials or from sixth form? Given I left like 2 years ago.

Say I get offers from UCAS and then decide to stay at this uni, will I automatically stay on my course?

I dont what FY is, but ask the uni you want to apply for if they would accept a ref from sixth form.

If not, it has to be a ref from uni.

Also he prepared to explain a little why you are transferring uni on your personal statement

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending