The Student Room Group

Medical school application help!!!

A friend was meant to do his UKCAT last week, but during the exam he had a seizure and got took to A&E and initially they said he could retake now he can not. WHAT SHOULD HE DO NOW. can any medical school consider his application and what is the most appropriate university.

GCSE RESULTS:
4A 5B

A Level prediction
A,A*,A - bio,chem, maths
(edited 6 years ago)
Try contacting universities about mitigating circumstances to do with ukcat.
Original post by Robbie7
A friend was meant to do his UKCAT last week, but during the exam he had a seizure and got took to A&E and initially they said he could retake now he can not. WHAT SHOULD HE DO NOW. can any medical school consider his application and what is the most appropriate university.

GCSE RESULTS:
4A 5B

A Level prediction
A,A*,A - bio,chem, maths

Bmat?
Reply 3
He said most of the BMAT university require high gcse grades e.g oxford, cambridge etc.

Are there any recommend medical schools which will consider him with his GCSE 's and the fact he had a mitigating circumstance
Yes. He needs to A call the unis and ask about their procedure( I have called each of the uni's I'm applying to dozens of times with questions, it should be easy to reach the admissions team) , and B speak to his school/college to support him when adding it to his application.
Reply 5
Original post by pfdavina
Yes. He needs to A call the unis and ask about their procedure( I have called each of the uni's I'm applying to dozens of times with questions, it should be easy to reach the admissions team) , and B speak to his school/college to support him when adding it to his application.

thank you, i shall tell him that
Original post by Robbie7
He said most of the BMAT university require high gcse grades e.g oxford, cambridge etc.

Are there any recommend medical schools which will consider him with his GCSE 's and the fact he had a mitigating circumstance

I don't think UCL care about gcses, plus there's brighton etc.
Worse case scenario apply next year with results in hand.
Reply 8
Ask your friend to contact each university he wants to apply to individually (to enquire if they allow mitigating circumstances, explore the options available to him etc).
Reply 9
Original post by Ninja_R
Ask your friend to contact each university he wants to apply to individually (to enquire if they allow mitigating circumstances, explore the options available to him etc).

Thanks, that's what i told him
Original post by Robbie7

his predictions are pretty good for ucl or imperial, but how did he do in his ukcat?
Reply 11
Original post by sfaraj
his predictions are pretty good for ucl or imperial, but how did he do in his ukcat?

His results could not be pubished since they cancelled the test but he did get VR=680 and DM= 710 before he had his seizure and needed to go to A&E

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending