The Student Room Group

UCAS maths modules

I put all six maths and further maths modules I did in A level and put pending overall, I did not know that there is AS certificates so I did not put the AS modules separately but all in the A level's section, would that be fine?
Original post by chiaradd
I put all six maths and further maths modules I did in A level and put pending overall, I did not know that there is AS certificates so I did not put the AS modules separately but all in the A level's section, would that be fine?

Did your 2017 results slip show an overall AS grade for either maths or fm? If so then you should list your achieved grades. If not then your modules weren’t certified to an AS award and shouldn’t be listed.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Did your 2017 results slip show an overall AS grade for either maths or fm? If so then you should list your achieved grades. If not then your modules weren’t certified to an AS award and shouldn’t be listed.

No, I do not have certificates for AS yet, I just listed all the achieved grades for the specific modules but in the GCE A Level section not AS section on UCAS. I just found out that some students they chose the AS and then just put for example C1, C2 in that section instead of all in A-Level section. I am really confused.
No, I do not have certificates for AS yet, I just listed all the achieved grades for the specific modules but in the GCE A Level section not AS section on UCAS. I just found out that some students they chose the AS and then just put for example C1, C2 in that section instead of all in A-Level section. I am really confused.

If there were no overall grades on your results slip then your modules weren’t certified and you do not yet hold any maths or fm AS or A levels.

That means you just list on ucas the qualifications you expect to be awarded in 2018. The overall grade will be pending, the module grades for modules you will take in 2018 will be pending and the module grades from 2017 will be the grades you were awarded this year.
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
If there were no overall grades on your results slip then your modules weren’t certified and you do not yet hold any maths or fm AS or A levels.

That means you just list on ucas the qualifications you expect to be awarded in 2018. The overall grade will be pending, the module grades for modules you will take in 2018 will be pending and the module grades from 2017 will be the grades you were awarded this year.

So all the 12 modules for math and fm could be in GCE A Level section, and I do not have to add the AS section specifically and put such as C1, C2...in, right?
(edited 6 years ago)
So all the 12 modules for math and fm could be in GCE A Level section, and I do not have to add the AS section specifically and put such as C1, C2...in, right?

THat’s right. Each A level is made up of 6 modules. Some completed this year and some still to take next year.
Reply 6
Original post by PQ
THat’s right. Each A level is made up of 6 modules. Some completed this year and some still to take next year.

Thank you so much!

Quick Reply

Latest