The Student Room Group

Is my uni room dirty or old?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by doyougohere
I've given it a surface clean, but I need to get something tough to get the black stuff off (no idea if it's black mould/mildew/effects of hard water). We have cleaners every week so what worries me is how long it's been kept like this.

Well, the bathroom isn't dirty just old. I can see why it may bother you but just remember it's not infected.
Original post by tyrell221
Well, the bathroom isn't dirty just old. I can see why it may bother you but just remember it's not infected.

That's what I'm having trouble remembering/believing. It just feels dirty.
That's what I'm having trouble remembering/believing. It just feels dirty.

You could paint over it or something. Go to a DIY store like B&Q they'll have stuff made just for it.

It's really not worth the hassle though.
Looks grim. Dirty AND old.

You need to spray that black mould in the shower with anti-mould spray. Pretty sure black mould can give you pneumonia and kill you when it starts releasing spores.
Original post by ChickenMadness
Looks grim. Dirty AND old.

You need to spray that black mould in the shower with anti-mould spray. Pretty sure black mould can give you pneumonia and kill you when it starts releasing spores.

Yeah, I know black mould isn't good for you. Still, I hope this level of mould wouldn't give me pneumonia and kill me. If it does I'll sue from the grave.

Thank you for making me feel justified in my complaints.
Reply 25
you bas tard, did you really have to show us pictures of the inside of your damn toilet?!

reported!
That generally just looks like small things that can easily be scrubbed and aren't really going to impair your daily life.. Clean it and if it doesnt move then you know its old but clean. Its student accommodation, its basically known for being almost at the brink of collapsing but thats part of the uni experience!
It feels gross to me but I've been told it's just old.

Spoiler

😱😱😱

And oh honeybun, you could've flushed ya know...

That looks like caked in grime but you can always clean it I guess
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Nerry
you bas tard, did you really have to show us pictures of the inside of your damn toilet?!

reported!

:teehee:

Quick Reply

Latest