The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

are my UMS too low for LSE?

Hi, I am thinking of applying LSE straight economics and I know they really care about Maths/Further Maths UMS. Do you think those UMS would make my application unsuccessful? Any comments are appreciated.
(edited 6 years ago)
How can they predict you A* with such low UMS?

Anyway it's gonna be tough since they look at UMS and I suspect a lot of people will have 90+ UMS average. A good PS can make for it.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by tyrell221
How can they predict you A* with such low UMS?

Anyway it's gonna be tough since they look at UMS and I suspect a lot of people will have 90+ UMS average. A good PS can make for it.

I have dropped further Maths this year and My overall grade for further maths last year was an A.
Original post by nclzhans1
I have dropped further Maths this year and My overall grade for further maths last year was an A.

Im guessing they switched D1/M1 around with S1. So that's going to be detrimental to your maths avg which LSE will see.

You're still at a considerable disadvantage considering the competition (more competitive than cambridge econ). However it's still worth applying as you're in the running.
Reply 4
Original post by tyrell221
Im guessing they switched D1/M1 around with S1. So that's going to be detrimental to your maths avg which LSE will see.

You're still at a considerable disadvantage considering the competition (more competitive than cambridge econ). However it's still worth applying as you're in the running.

ok, thanks a lot

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending