The Student Room Group

GCSE 9-1 AQA English Language Possible Inaccurate Grades 2017

I contacted my school exam office to see how close I was off a 7 in my English Language exam. I had a 6 in English Language and 7 in Literature which shocked me because English Language has always been my strongest subject and I was expecting 7 at least. During mocks, I got 61 on P1 and 55 on P2 givng me 116/180 in total which would have been an 8. During the exam I got 46 on P1 and 54 on P2 giving me a total of 100/180. I'm ok with my P2 grade as it my weakest paper out of the 2 and I thought I did bad in it initially but my P1 grade is really disappointing because I was aiming for around 63-65/80 and received 46/80. Does anyone feel the same and is considering a remark?
Original post by M.Gilbertson
I contacted my school exam office to see how close I was off a 7 in my English Language exam. I had a 6 in English Language and 7 in Literature which shocked me because English Language has always been my strongest subject and I was expecting 7 at least. During mocks, I got 61 on P1 and 55 on P2 givng me 116/180 in total which would have been an 8. During the exam I got 46 on P1 and 54 on P2 giving me a total of 100/180. I'm ok with my P2 grade as it my weakest paper out of the 2 and I thought I did bad in it initially but my P1 grade is really disappointing because I was aiming for around 63-65/80 and received 46/80. Does anyone feel the same and is considering a remark?

lol, no.
Reply 2
same i was expecting a 7 but got lower than i thought so have got mine remarked
Original post by llfe
same i was expecting a 7 but got lower than i thought so have got mine remarked

Did your grade go up and if it did by how many marks
Reply 4
Original post by King Ring
Did your grade go up and if it did by how many marks

I gained 8 more marks so I got to a grade 7!!!!
What were the questionS for ENGLISH LIT and LANG paper 2?? Please
Reply 6
Original post by malayalee1234

Ask your teacher they will have a copy if they are released yet, if not then you will be CHEATING, if you are taking a retake this spring.
No its that i have run out of practice assessments to do to revise for English and have already finished my mock and we got a different paper to everyone else. So could you please help me. Also school doesn't open for 2weeks for me and i wan to finish practicing by this week.
It opens next week but i have had an opperation as I was diagnosed with skin cancer 4 months back and i can leave the hospital for 2 months for my treatment.

Da, allengil Di, copy adikaathey poyi padichittu ninte pareeksha azhuthan nokku :biggrin:
It opens next week but i have had an opperation as I was diagnosed with skin cancer 4 months back and i can leave the hospital for 2 months for my treatment.

Enganeyundu eppol?
Im ok now i think
Im ok now i think

Nice to see a fellow mallu on TSR, hope you get better soon. Enjoy your time here :h:
Please could give me the question cos i have barley been able to revise?
Thanks
Please could give me the question cos i have barley been able to revise?

I don't really remember sorry
Its ok

Quick Reply

Latest