The Student Room Group

My boyfriend is too feminine??

We've been together for 6 months and I really do like him but he just lacks the dominant and masculine aura that turns me on. We are really close and I know he loves and cares about me a lot and I appreciate having someone there for me always but I feel like he is more a gay best friend than a boyfriend. I've sat down and tried to talk to him about it but he only gets upset and I have to change the subject and he carries on the way he is. I feel like the closer he has gotten to me, the more emotional and open he has become which I don't mind but there are things I wouldn't even do like literally crying because his cat ran away and me having to comfort him. Even the way he dresses and looks is quite feminine and he knows this but is comfortable with it and I put up with it the first couple months because I did like him but when it started to correlate with him actually being feminine...

I am embarrassed to tell people we are dating and the people I have told I can tell are judging him and ME and it makes me feel uncomfortable and want to break up with him.

But like I said I know he loves and cares about me and its hard to find someone like that. I trust him a lot and do care about him but I just don't think he is boyfriend material and its getting harder and harder to resist breaking up with him and finding a real guy. Especially when I know there are girls out there who will appreciate him for the way he is.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
We've been together for 6 months and I really do like him but he just lacks the dominant and masculine aura that turns me on. We are really close and I know he loves and cares about me a lot and I appreciate having someone there for me always but I feel like he is more a gay best friend than a boyfriend. I've sat down and tried to talk to him about it but he only gets upset and I have to change the subject and he carries on the way he is. I feel like the closer he has gotten to me, the more emotional and open he has become which I don't mind but there are things I wouldn't even do like literally crying because his cat ran away and me having to comfort him. Even the way he dresses and looks is quite feminine and he knows this but is comfortable with it and I put up with it the first couple months because I did like him but when it started to correlate with him actually being feminine...

I am embarrassed to tell people we are dating and the people I have told I can tell are judging him and ME and it makes me feel uncomfortable and want to break up with him.

But like I said I know he loves and cares about me and its hard to find someone like that. I trust him a lot and do care about him but I just don't think he is boyfriend material and its getting harder and harder to resist breaking up with him and finding a real guy. Especially when I know there are girls out there who will appreciate him for the way he is.

Why don't you try to man him up a bit or do something to make him a little more masculine (the way you like).

do you wish he would **** you harder lmao that but about the cat is so funny tbh you can't really change someone if you are not an alpha male you can't suddenly become one. a girl or
Reply 3
I guess you're not right for each other. Don't prolong it
I think that if you care enough about him, you should at least try and understand why he acts the way he acts. I know I've been there, as this guy I used to like acts very feminine, but that's just the way he is. I don't think you can change people, you can just learn to accept them as they are. If you care for him as much as he cares for you, you shouldn't care what people think as long as you guys are happy. :smile:
There's nothing wrong with the way he is and he doesn't have to change for you.
There's also nothing wrong with having your own preferences or finding certain behavioural traits unattractive.
You're not right for him and he's not right for you, it's as simple as that.

Stop wasting each other's time and end the relationship. At this point, it's not a mutual relationship, you're only using him.

Relationships often fail because the partners try to change each other.
You don't fit, so you should probably break up with him; it'll be harder the longer you wait to do it.

You shouldn't feel embarrassment, so move on, for both of you.

Don't diminish him by saying he's not a real guy; he is, you two just don't match.

what type of girlfriend are you seriously? he deserves someone better than you
Tell him about it and don't try to man him up. If you try to change him or force change, then it wont really go too well. If it is a really genuine issue and you don't feel like you could work around it at all, then drop a few soft hints. If it's guaranteed that you two can't make it work like that and you need a more masculine specimen, then don't try to make something not meant to last, well, last.
Just like women shouldn't have to change themselves, wear skirts and be feminine for men he is who he is and shouldn't have to change. It's ok for you not to like this but you have to be aware that there is no perfect person. Just be careful about rejecting a nice man if he cares a lot about you as you might not get the chance to be with someone as nice again.
I know exactly how your feeling right now, I've started dating a guy who is perfect! Looks manly n all has muscles but little things like giggling and not taking control....he really really likes me too, and I do really like him just don't know if he's what I want am a single mum to a 7year old boy who needs a guy role model around....this guy described himself as a wee wifey sometimes....I don't know I think we deserve what we desire and we can't just keep quite just to keep someone else happy, and not ourselves ....it's the breaking up part. 👎👎
Maybe he sexually identifies as a female
why do i imagine your boyfriend to look like Roll Safe?
Original post by Mathemagicien
Because you spend far too long looking at memes. :wink:

i hate the over usage of the word meme, a tv series is not a meme, this should be a gulagable offence
Original post by Mathemagicien
Nice meme bro

you didn't even upvote my meme bro
No offence but if you're embarrassed to tell others that he's your boyfriend regardless the way he looks then you don't love him.
Why did you guys revive a dead thread ?
Not gonna lie, I'm quite a feminine dude. But the bar for what makes a man feminine is considerably low compared to visa versa.

Not really a problem with finding women, just avoid the ones with daddy issues or the ones who are masculine themselves.
Original post by OGGUS
Why don't you try to man him up a bit or do something to make him a little more masculine (the way you like).

If this was a man saying his girlfriend was too masculine and you responded "tell her to be more feminine" The feminazis would have called for you to be burnt at the stake and for the thread to be shut down.
my man cries over a cat

Latest

Trending

Trending