The Student Room Group

Are there any Polyamorous people here ?

I am, and I really want advice/opinion on some issues with that. I know people who are not poly can also help. I just want someone who can understand the situation from my place...sort of...

I don't want to post the issues here to avoid unnecessary arguments and stupid comments... sorry...

and.... just curious am I alone here.... XD
Reply 1
I thought you were wearing a burka. Thread title didn't match dp in my head
Reply 2
Original post by SGHD26716
I thought you were wearing a burka. Thread title didn't match dp in my head

lol.... no it is not...I am a non-religious Jew.
you can look at my IB and see pics of me doing Yoga with no head accessory...XD

By the way. There is no contradiction between being a Muslim and being polyamorous.
(edited 6 years ago)
lol doesn't matter if you are. most fellas stuggle to get even one woman, good luck trying to find several...
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
lol doesn't matter if you are. most fellas stuggle to get even one woman, good luck trying to find several...

Polygamy and Polyamory are different things. Thank you.
Original post by Kathy89
Polygamy and Polyamory are different things. Thank you.

Yes. One involves marriage to multiple partners simultaneously and the other involves simple romantic relationships with multiple partners simultaneously.

Since he didn't mention marriage, I don't know why you would bring up polygamy.

So my advice on polyamory: Only date and marry other polyamorists. If you're in a relationship with a guy who wants monogamy, leave him because you can't provide what he wants.
Reply 6
Original post by ThatOldGuy
Yes. One involves marriage to multiple partners simultaneously and the other involves simple romantic relationships with multiple partners simultaneously.

Since he didn't mention marriage, I don't know why you would bring up polygamy.

So my advice on polyamory: Only date and marry other polyamorists. If you're in a relationship with a guy who wants monogamy, leave him because you can't provide what he wants.

1. Well, you are right, he didn't mention marriage, however, the thing with poliamory is that it is very hard to find THE one, almost impossible, so must there be THE-ONE, or could there be several that complete each other. It is difficult to explain it to people who are not openminded to it or people who are misunderstanding some concepts of Polyamory.
2. Marriage is a completely separate thing. You can marry one person and live with another or with many others and not cheating, as long as it is acceptable by all the sides. Polyamory is a completely different point of view on many aspects of mutual relationship.
3. Thanks for your advice. I don't see a reason not dating a guy who is not poly as long as he accepts me and some rules.
Reply 7
Fancy a session?
Original post by Kathy89

By the way. There is no contradiction between being a Muslim and being polyamorous.

ARE YOU SURE ABOUT THTAT???!!!!o
Reply 9
I know there are quite a few people who declare themselves as poly on dating sites. I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with that, people are into many different things. Perhaps you could try dating sites, I think you'll find people who are more open with these things on there.
I was a side guy for a couple in a polygamous relationship once, but that's as close as I've gotten to anything like it. I ducked out when it went from me banging the missus to the guy wanting to sit, watch and masturbate while I was smashing his missus :zomg: Should have seen it coming, really.
Original post by Kathy89
1. Well, you are right, he didn't mention marriage, however, the thing with poliamory is that it is very hard to find THE one, almost impossible, so must there be THE-ONE, or could there be several that complete each other. It is difficult to explain it to people who are not openminded to it or people who are misunderstanding some concepts of Polyamory.
2. Marriage is a completely separate thing. You can marry one person and live with another or with many others and not cheating, as long as it is acceptable by all the sides. Polyamory is a completely different point of view on many aspects of mutual relationship.
3. Thanks for your advice. I don't see a reason not dating a guy who is not poly as long as he accepts me and some rules.

I will give you several reasons:

1) It will inevitably end up hurting him.
2) You are unequally yoked. A monogamist(Or serial monogamist) would be looking for someone to spend their life with, something you are unable to provide to the same level he is.
Reply 12
My parrot is polyamorous
We're swingers but not polyamorous. Our emotions are kept just between the two of us. Physically though we play with other people as well as each other.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending