The Student Room Group

Can I be a solicitor?

I achieved 1 A*, 4 As , 5 Bs and 2 Cs and GCSE and for my a levels I am taking English lit history and economics conomics. Would I get into a top uni with these grades and what extra curricular and work would experience will I need to do for law?
Original post by student00000000
I achieved 1 A*, 4 As , 5 Bs and 2 Cs and GCSE and for my a levels I am taking English lit history and economics conomics. Would I get into a top uni with these grades and what extra curricular and work would experience will I need to do for law?

I mean by top unis what we thinking ?

I got that exact same gcse set except one of the As was a D. As long as you have the A level requirement and 5 A* - A big unis are usually okay.
Original post by ExoIceCream99
I mean by top unis what we thinking ?

I got that exact same gcse set except one of the As was a D. As long as you have the A level requirement and 5 A* - A big unis are usually okay.

I was thinking oxford, lse, Durham, kcl something like that
I was thinking oxford, lse, Durham, kcl something like that

Have a look at their individual requirements.

For the experience side, go to a uni summer school, see if you can shadow a solicitor, go to court and witness what goes on, further reading, ask universities to let you sit in backs of lectures etc. Do something that will stand you out from the 22,009 other applicants (made up number)
I'm in love with Kent so I'm looking at them for law because they have amazing graduate programme, stunning city, and great modules

Hi student00000000,

Whilst good GCSE grades are relatively important, what matters most is what you achieve for your A-Levels. I'd recommend you have a look at a list of uni's - like this one on Choosing Between Law Universities & Law Degrees and this article about Uni by Uni - A Selection of Top Universities comparisons.

As for work experience, we also have a list of different types of work experience and how you can obtain them! Here are a few you can take a look at:
- Law Work Experience
- Vacation Schemes
- Mini-Pupillage
- Legal Internships
- Law Firm Open Days
- Pro Bono

Hope these help!

The Lawyer Portal

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending