The Student Room Group

22, virgin, advice?

Well as the title says, never had a boyfriend, have come close to sex at 19 but haven't had sex, thank god that guy was really a tool, I think he knew I didn't want to go all the way with him tbh.

I don't think I'm that bad looking and I've been going to the gym 5 times a week just to make sure my health is ok and I feel more confident, my personalities not bad. Please don't say to wait for a guy, as people have been saying that since I was 15, now I'm nearly 23, and not into one night stands either. I just need advice on what to do?

Scroll to see replies

Online dating?
You need to learn how to send clear signals of interest. Most guys don't have the ego a lot of girls do of.. if X person is looking me i bet they want me. I see it all the time. You can't expect guys to approach you in a non club scene if you aren't giving eye contact and smiling etc.

Be grateful you don't have to be the one approaching. And yeah online dating is easy for women... mind you there may be a highish % of thirsty men on there... but there will be good ones.
Reply 3
Take up a hobby which will bring you into contact with new guys. If you go to the gym a lot you must be in good shape, maybe join a mixed sports team?
(Definitely not online dating if you're against one night stands)
Reply 4
Original post by nbons
Take up a hobby which will bring you into contact with new guys. If you go to the gym a lot you must be in good shape, maybe join a mixed sports team?
(Definitely not online dating if you're against one night stands)

Just started to go frequently

Original post by JT114455
Online dating?

Tried tinder but I just feel like I'm not getting much success

Original post by James385
You need to learn how to send clear signals of interest. Most guys don't have the ego a lot of girls do of.. if X person is looking me i bet they want me. I see it all the time. You can't expect guys to approach you in a non club scene if you aren't giving eye contact and smiling etc.

Be grateful you don't have to be the one approaching. And yeah online dating is easy for women... mind you there may be a highish % of thirsty men on there... but there will be good ones.

I think I do need to learn but I always get the impression they are not interested in me
Try to find a boyfriend via online dating, or if you are archaic: look for dates by reading the advertisements in newspapers. How good are you to signalise your interest in a boy? maybe this is the problem and the reason you are not successful.
Reply 6
I'm a minority here, but I don't think online dating is the way to go. People can so easily pretend to be someone they're not online.
Original post by Anonymous
Well as the title says, never had a boyfriend, have come close to sex at 19 but haven't had sex, thank god that guy was really a tool, I think he knew I didn't want to go all the way with him tbh.

I don't think I'm that bad looking and I've been going to the gym 5 times a week just to make sure my health is ok and I feel more confident, my personalities not bad. Please don't say to wait for a guy, as people have been saying that since I was 15, now I'm nearly 23, and not into one night stands either. I just need advice on what to do?

My ‘personalities’ okay. I don’t think it is...
preserve your virginity
Original post by nbons
I'm a minority here, but I don't think online dating is the way to go. People can so easily pretend to be someone they're not online.

Exactly. They easily put on a mask/personality just like some people have done for their entire lives in places such as school, and just use their lover. You would never know how there truly like until the moment there true self is revealed.
get a male prostitute
Lol, you're only 22 and asking for advice to not be a virgin anymore?

You don't know what difficult is until you've experienced my lack of everything :rofl: nearly 27 and counting here
Original post by 12ksmith
My ‘personalities’ okay. I don’t think it is...

I said not bad, there's nothing wrong with it, I'm just shy on occasions.

But thanks for your helpful comment
Lol, you're only 22 and asking for advice to not be a virgin anymore?

You don't know what difficult is until you've experienced my lack of everything :rofl: nearly 27 and counting here

I didn't say it was difficult, just want advice, but you're only saying 'only 22' because of your situation. Others just act like, what's wrong with me
I said not bad, there's nothing wrong with it, I'm just shy on occasions.

But thanks for your helpful comment

‘Personalities’ - how many do you have?
Reply 15
The right guy will turn up
go to uni :wink:
I agree with James, you need to know how to send clear signals.

You could online dating, which is easy for women as James stated, theirs plenty such as POF, OKCupid etc. You could also try speed dating, joining clubs based on interests, through your social circle/network, going out more etc.

Be confident and feel worthy, you may already do, but this is very important.

Good luck
(edited 6 years ago)
Life isn't about losing your virginity. Please don't rush into it; you'll probably end up deeply regretting it later on.

As for finding a nice and healthy relationship, I suggest going out to social places that you enjoy. For example, this could be places such as ice/roller skating rinks, libraries, skate parks, etc. Be open to conversation with guys and be friendly. You might meet a really nice guy, a guy who enjoys hanging out at the places that you enjoy. :smile:
Original post by 12ksmith
‘Personalities’ - how many do you have?

🙄...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending