The Student Room Group

Installments

Hello student finance

I am a postgrad student in a 2 year course. I am now in my 2nd year. I was wondering whether student finance are able to pay my instalments directly to the university instead of it coming to me. In one payment? Is that possible?

Postgraduate student
Original post by Mrembo55
Hello student finance

I am a postgrad student in a 2 year course. I am now in my 2nd year. I was wondering whether student finance are able to pay my instalments directly to the university instead of it coming to me. In one payment? Is that possible?

Postgraduate student

Hi Mrembo55,

The Postgraduate Loan is a contribution loan, not specifically for fees or living costs.

It is a contribution towards your total costs, paid directly to you and you decide how you are going to use that money.

We cannot change the instalment dates and pay it in one lump sum and we cannot pay it directly to the university.

Most of the universities are aware how the loan is paid and that some students will be using the postgraduate loan towards their fees.

I advise you to speak to your university they may have a payment plan in place that fits around when you will receive your payments.

Thanks Rona

Quick Reply

Latest