The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
What does it mean by ACORN 4 or 5 postcodes in the eligibility section, my postcode is a 3 and the road near mine is a 5, doesn't seem to make much sense, can I still apply for this? BTW about 2 days ago I met the eligibility criteria and now it's changed, isn't that short noticed? It says alternatively take part in realising opportunities but how can I if applications are due in one month?
Reply 2
If u don't live in acorn 4 or 5 then it's too risky to apply. They will cut u off straight away if u live in any other areas. Also u don't have to be part of the programmes mentioned, I spoke to the admissions office about this

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
GCSEs: 5As 4A*s
A-level (predictions): AAA
UKCAT: 610
Work experience: 6-months weekly volunteering at local hospital, 1 week shadowing in a GP

Would I be likely to get an interview/offer (I know my UKCAT is really bad)
Reply 4
Original post by Eesa
GCSEs: 5As 4A*s
A-level (predictions): AAA
UKCAT: 610
Work experience: 6-months weekly volunteering at local hospital, 1 week shadowing in a GP

Would I be likely to get an interview/offer (I know my UKCAT is really bad)

why are you applying to this programme when u have the right grades for medicine? this is a widening access course for people who don't have the right grades. I would look at Cardiff to do med if I were you. u r grades are good for that and they also don't look at UKCAT
Reply 5
Original post by PP112
why are you applying to this programme when u have the right grades for medicine? this is a widening access course for people who don't have the right grades. I would look at Cardiff to do med if I were you. u r grades are good for that and they also don't look at UKCAT

I agree so many people have applied for the EMDP when they have the right grades for the 5yr, it infuriates me
Hi. Is this programme suitable for mature students? I'm 22 and due to circumstances didnt have the opportunity to do GCSE's or A levels when i was younger. I'm currently doing 5 IGCSE's to be sat this May/June and afterwards do A levels or an Access course to medicine.
Any advice is highly appreciated!
Reply 7
Original post by LordFifth
Hi. Is this programme suitable for mature students? I'm 22 and due to circumstances didnt have the opportunity to do GCSE's or A levels when i was younger. I'm currently doing 5 IGCSE's to be sat this May/June and afterwards do A levels or an Access course to medicine.
Any advice is highly appreciated!

yes it is. as long as you didn't do a degree before hand and you meet the other requirements of living in an acorn 4 or 5 area
anyone got an interview yet?
Want to know this too! been waiting for so long!!
I want to find out now I'm so impatient
I know what you mean! its the one I want so bad yet the one that is taking forever it's making me so anxious
anyone with an interview?
I recieved an interview on the 19th Dec for interview on the 7th Feb
does anyone know if the MMI for the EMDP is the same as the MMI for A100?
mine is 2 days later. GOOD LUCK!
Original post by 55pippa5
I recieved an interview on the 19th Dec for interview on the 7th Feb
Did you get an email? or was it on UCAS track?
Original post by chemistry003
Did you get an email? or was it on UCAS track?

Got an email saying Kings Apply had been updated, nothing on UCAS :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by 55pippa5
Got an email saying Kings Apply had been updated, nothing on UCAS :smile:

I don't think interviews are updated on track. It may just be for actual offers.
Original post by Maeri18
I got an offer for interview on the 3rd Jan '18

How'd the interview go?

Latest

Trending

Trending